Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ChandanMishra
Helper II
Helper II

How to do I search a form (gallery) with the release number

Hello team,

I have created a gallery, where I am searching with the help of 'title', 'assigned to', and 'created by'. But I also need to search the gallery with the release number (it is a number with decimals). I have created a collection in App. But the drop down menu comes as empty in my power apps. Please take a look at the screenshot.

search with the help of release number.JPG

Please let me know what to do next.

Regards

Chandan Mishra

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi @ChandanMishra ,

Is your Application column a Number column?

If yes, also convert this column to a Text column, since you want to filter "Release No" dropdown based on "Application" dropdown.
If you don't want this filter any more, you can create the collection use:

ClearCollect(ColReleaseVersion,
{ReleaseVersion:"All"},
ShowColumns('Incident Management View Tickets',"ReleaseVersion"))

Best regards,

Allen

View solution in original post

14 REPLIES 14
v-albai-msft
Microsoft
Microsoft

Hi @ChandanMishra ,

Do you mean your dropdown has no other values except “All”?

How did you create the collection? What is the formula on your dropdown?

Please provide more information for helping me understanding your issue.

Best regards,

Allen

@v-albai-msft 

Dear Allen, Thank you so much for your quick response.

Please find attached screenshots on the questions which you have asked me yesterday.

Regards

ChandanI do not see any values in release drop downI do not see any values in release drop downthis is how I have created collection for the release drop downthis is how I have created collection for the release drop downthis is the formula for drop down for items propertythis is the formula for drop down for items property

@v-albai-msft 

Also in the gallery (items) property for search and filtering, I have added the below screenshot as formula for release version

gallery (items) property for search and filtering,gallery (items) property for search and filtering,

Regards

Chandan Mishra

@v-albai-msft 

Also this is what I have for searching and filtering in the gallery for release version drop down menu

searching and filtering for release in the gallerysearching and filtering for release in the gallery

Regards

Chandan Mishra

Hi @ChandanMishra ,

Try this to create your collection:

ClearCollect(ColReleaseVersion,{'Release Version':"All"});
Collect(ColReleaseVersion,'Incident Management View Tickets'.'Release Version')

Best regards,

Allen

@v-albai-msft 

Dear Allen,

this code is not working. it throws an error. Please find a screenshot.

collection code not workingcollection code not working

Also I have attached another screenshot, where in I want to choose from the drop down the application and then all the release number related to that application will be automatically sorted in the 'release no.' drop down. Let me explain. For example in the screen there are 20 tickets. I now sort the gallery with the 'application' drop down. Out of 20, 5 tickets come up with the application name let's say 'XYZ'. Now in the release no. drop down there may be hundreds of release version, but when I select 'XYZ' in application only release versions related to XYZ should be shown the 'release no.' drop down. Hope I have explained properly. Please let me know what to do.

How to link application drop down with the release drop down while filtering or sorting or searchingHow to link application drop down with the release drop down while filtering or sorting or searching

Regards

Chandan Mishra

Hi @ChandanMishra ,

This is because your 'Release Version' is a number column. Two methods for you:

1. Replace "All" with a number like "0".

2. You need to keep the version information into a Text column(Edit this column and convert it to Text type, then you can create the collection with "All"). 

For your second question, you can follow this steps(Assume you have converted "Release Version" to a Text column):

1. Create collection using this(pay attention to the column name inside Showcolumns function. If it is "ReleaseVersion", you should use ReleaseVersion:"All"; If it is "Release Version", you should use 'Release Version':"All" )

ClearCollect(ColReleaseVersion,

{'ReleaseVersion':"All",Application:"All"},

ShowColumns('Incident Management View Tickets',"Application","ReleaseVersion"))

v-albai-msft_0-1618456158908.png

v-albai-msft_1-1618456171137.png

2. Set Items property of your  'release no.' drop down to:

Filter(ColReleaseVersion,Application=ReleaseDropdown.Selected.Application).ReleaseVersion

Best regards,

Allen

@v-albai-msft 

Dear Allen,

For some reason, I was unable to create the collection. As soon as I change the sharepoint column (Release Version) property from number to 'single line of text'. The collection does not show any error. That is one good thing. Please see the existing code does not show any error.

ClearCollect(ColReleaseVersion,{Value : "All"});
Collect(ColReleaseVersion, 'Incident Management View Tickets'.'Release Version');

Now, as soon as I delete the above code (existing code) and replace it with the below one, my entire gallery vanishes for some reason. Also the code start showing error that 'there are some arguments missing'

ClearCollect(ColReleaseVersion,{'Release Version':"All",Application:"All"},
ShowColumns('Incident Management View Tickets',"Application","Release Version"))

But earlier, in the release drop down - it was blank, now it is showing All (please see a screenshot below)

ASK TODAY9.JPG

But inside the drop down, the numbers don't come up (obviously because I have not done anything for it in the collection section (please see below)

ASK TODAY10.JPG

Please let me know how do I accomplish it now, because the moment I make changes to the collection, the entire gallery disappears

Just FYI...this is what I have in my items property in my gallery

//'Incident Management View Tickets'
SortByColumns(
    Filter(
        'Incident Management View Tickets',
        (Priority.Value = ddPriority.Selected.Value || If(
            ddPriority.Selected.Value = "All",
            true,
            false
        )) && (Department.Value = ddDepartment.Selected.Value || If(
            ddDepartment.Selected.Value = "All",
            true,
            false
        )) && (Application.Value = ddApplication.Selected.Value || If(
            ddApplication.Selected.Value = "All",
            true,
            false
        )) && (Environment.Value = ddEnvironment.Selected.Value || If(
            ddEnvironment.Selected.Value = "All",
            true,
            false
        )) && (Organization.Value = ddOrganization.Selected.Value || If(
            ddOrganization.Selected.Value = "All",
            true,
            false
        )) && ('Release Version' = ddReleaseVersion.Selected.Value || If(
            ddReleaseVersion.Selected.Value = "All",
            true,
            false
        )) && (If(
            !IsBlank(varAssignedtome),
            Lower('Assigned To'.Email) = Lower(varAssignedtome),
            true
        )),
        txtSearchBox.Text in Title || txtSearchBox.Text in Lower('Assigned To'.DisplayName) || txtSearchBox.Text in Lower('Created By'.DisplayName) || txtSearchBox.Text in 'Release Version'
    ),
    "Created",
    Ascending
)

ddReleaseVersion is the name of the drop down of Release No. in this VIEW TICKETS screen.

Regards

Chandan Mishra

Hi @ChandanMishra ,

1. What’s the formula of your “Release No” dropdown? Are you using “ColReleaseVersion.’Release Version’”?. If yes, please give me a screenshot about this collection, this is my collection:

v-albai-msft_0-1618823356490.png

v-albai-msft_1-1618823356495.png

2. try to use ddReleaseVersion.Selected.ReleaseVersion instead of ddReleaseVersion.Selected.Value, since there is no Value column in your collection this time.

v-albai-msft_2-1618823356497.png

Best regards,

Allen

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

MBAS Attendee Badge

Claim Your Badge & Digital Swag!

Check out how to claim yours today!

secondImage

Are Your Ready?

Test your skills now with the Cloud Skill Challenge.

secondImage

Demo Extravaganza is Back!

We are excited to announce that Demo Extravaganza for 2021 has started!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (41,166)