cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Super User
Super User

How to do a trigger on word wrap?? I want to decrease font size if text goes to 2 lines.

Kinda put the detail in the title.  I have a regular label.  I want fit size 10, until the text exceeds the length of the text-box, then I want size 7.  I dont know that there are any ways to do this.  Ideas?

I could use a fixed with font, and just use LENGTH(), but I want to us the same variable width text as is done with the other fields I'm using.

Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: How to do a trigger on word wrap?? I want to decrease font size if text goes to 2 lines.

Hi @martinav,

Could you please share a bit more about your scenario?

Do you want to change the font size within the TextInput control when the text goes to the second line?

Currently, there is no way to get the length of the text one line of the TextInput control could store within PowerApps currently.

If you want to change the font size within the TextInput control when the text goes to the second line, I afraid that there is no way to achieve your needs in PowerApps currently.

If you would like this feature to be added in PowerApps, please submit an idea to PowerApps Ideas Forum:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/PowerApps-Ideas/idb-p/PowerAppsIdeas

Best regards,

Kris

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Super User
Super User

Re: How to do a trigger on word wrap?? I want to decrease font size if text goes to 2 lines.

Hi @martinav

I like your idea and as you say you can use a Length, but that would mean that the control name has to be specified in the size formula for each control.

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @martinav,

Could you please share a bit more about your scenario?

Do you want to change the font size within the TextInput control when the text goes to the second line?

Currently, there is no way to get the length of the text one line of the TextInput control could store within PowerApps currently.

If you want to change the font size within the TextInput control when the text goes to the second line, I afraid that there is no way to achieve your needs in PowerApps currently.

If you would like this feature to be added in PowerApps, please submit an idea to PowerApps Ideas Forum:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/PowerApps-Ideas/idb-p/PowerAppsIdeas

Best regards,

Kris

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Coming Soon: T-Shirt Design Contest

Keep your eyes open for our upcoming T-shirt design contest!

thirdimage

Power Apps Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (6,137)