cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Galina73
Helper V
Helper V

How to edit attached word or excel documents directly in powerapps form, and not download it

Hello,

I have powerapps from, attached to sharepoint list. I attach word or excel documents, and want to edit it directly , when I open form. As of now I need to download it first, edit and then reattach again.

BR

6 REPLIES 6
WarrenBelz
Super User III
Super User III

@Galina73 ,

There is no way to edit Word or Excel attached documents in Power Apps other than what you are doing (downloading and re-attaching).

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

Hello, WarrenBelz

No tricks to advise?

Hi there

are those documents free form or can it be templates in a doc library where you can update the list and document properties or rows in Excel? 

It is free forms

Hi @Galina73 ,

Attachments are a fairly unsophisticated setup, with no metadata possible and are really nothing more than stored files on OneDrive (in the background), however unlike Document Libraries, you cannot sync them locally and their URL is not easy to find. Which brings me to that point - if you store in a Document Library, you can use the "Sync" option and open them directly on your PC and edit/save as you require.

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

Hi @Galina73 ,

Just checking if you got the result you were looking for on this thread. Happy to help further if not.

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

MBAS Attendee Badge

Claim Your Badge & Digital Swag!

Check out how to claim yours today!

secondImage

Are Your Ready?

Test your skills now with the Cloud Skill Challenge.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (56,986)