cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ZackMares
Level: Powered On

How to edit email templates.

I'm having difficulty locating the email template in Powerapps online. I know it's formatted with HTML. It doesn't appear under variables. Where can I find and edit email templates?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ZackMares

Re: How to edit email templates.

I found it! For this particular app it's included in the Welcome Screen as opposed to the Email Screen.

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
Power Apps Staff LanceDelano
Power Apps Staff

ZackMares

Similar, but I'm trying to find the HTML template in the first place. I'm using one of the out-of-the-box apps Meeting Capture, and I managed to find it before in one of the formula bars. It looks like below:

ClearCollect(Templates,

{Template: "Email", Value: "

<html>

<head>

But I cannot seem to locate it again. 

Power Apps Staff

I don't see it either.   You saw this in a blog post?   Was it a MS blog post?

ZackMares

No, I saw the template HTML code inside of Powerapps studio online, so it's possible. Attached is a screenshot of the HTML that I grabbed before navigating away and forgetting how to access it. I also know the HTML wasn't accidentally deleted since I can send emails from the Meeting Capture app.

Power Apps Staff

There are lots of potential forms an e-mail template might take - borders, sections, graphics, etc.  Are you looking for a simple specific one or just a framework in which you can insert your own html?

Super User
Super User

@ZackMares, you can try using the search bar on the right Control pane. Search for "Email". If there is a Control with that name it it, it will appear. 

Unfortunately, this doesn't work for Variables or Collections. 

ZackMares

At the moment I'm looking only for the email that's built into the Meeting Capture app. So is my best bet clicking on every single element until I find the template stored somewhere random?

ZackMares

I found it! For this particular app it's included in the Welcome Screen as opposed to the Email Screen.

View solution in original post

jbron5861
Level: Power Up

Anyone know how to edit the Meeting Capture email template to provide full line breaks between each line in the MeetingNotes variable?  Or is it possible to create a bullet point list of each line of text in MeetingNotes?  When entering the "Test series of notes1" text in the app enter was hit between each entry but the email template output applies only a single space.

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Coming Soon: T-Shirt Design Contest

Keep your eyes open for our upcoming T-shirt design contest!

thirdimage

Power Apps Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (6,416)