cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

How to enable an external scanner in powerapps

Hi,

I am trying to use an external bluetooth scanner within my powerapp, but I am having trouble setting it up.

How is it done ?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
v-siky-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

Could you please share more about your scenario? What is the use of the external BT scanner?  What device do it connect to?

If it is to be a camera, please first to ensure it works well, you should set the Camera property of camera control.

Generally, Camera 0 is the rear facing camera and Camera 1 is the front facing camera for any device with more than one camera. If you have more camera devices, just try to keep the Numbers going and debug which camera is for scanner.

If what I said doesn't make sense, or this doesn't fit your app, please let me know and post back more details.

Best regards,

Sik

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-siky-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

Could you please share more about your scenario? What is the use of the external BT scanner?  What device do it connect to?

If it is to be a camera, please first to ensure it works well, you should set the Camera property of camera control.

Generally, Camera 0 is the rear facing camera and Camera 1 is the front facing camera for any device with more than one camera. If you have more camera devices, just try to keep the Numbers going and debug which camera is for scanner.

If what I said doesn't make sense, or this doesn't fit your app, please let me know and post back more details.

Best regards,

Sik

View solution in original post

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @v-siky-msft 

My BT scanner is a Opticon 3002i. I want to connect this to an Ipad where I run my Powerapp. I need it to scan barcodes and have the value in field I call Unit Serial. Basicly just scan the barcode of a product with the scanner and somehow transfer the value into my powerapp. I am unsure on how to do this exactly.

https://opticon.com/product/opn-3002/

Hi @Anonymous ,

The current barcodes scanner doesn't support choosing Camera ID, it only support front and rear cameras. If you want it, you can feedback it to PowerApps Ideas forum

As an alterative workaround, enable the 'Web barcode scanner ' feature from Files - settings - advanced settings which has camera property to choose which camera to use.

Snipaste_2019-11-29_16-23-55.png

Best regards,

Sik

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

MBAS Attendee Badge

Claim Your Badge & Digital Swag!

Check out how to claim yours today!

secondImage

Are Your Ready?

Test your skills now with the Cloud Skill Challenge.

secondImage

Demo Extravaganza is Back!

We are excited to announce that Demo Extravaganza for 2021 has started!

MBAS on Demand

Microsoft Business Applications Summit sessions

On-demand access to all the great content presented by the product teams and community members! #MSBizAppsSummit #CommunityRocks

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (40,472)