Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JL_Cinco
Frequent Visitor

How to exclude data in BrowseGallery

Hi, 

I'm new to this all so please bear with me,

I am trying to create a Visitor Management app (Sign-in & Sign-out). Is there a way for me to filter what can be shown in the Browse Gallery with the condition that if the user is already logged out then user should no longer be visible on the Gallery. 

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Manan-Malhotra
Continued Contributor
Continued Contributor

[SortByColumns(Filter([@'Visitor Management'],Still onsite="true", StartsWith(Title, TextSearchBox1.Text)), "Title", If(SortDescending1, Descending, Ascending))]

You can use multiple filters in a single Filter function as shown in the above code
Hope this helps!

Please Accept as Solution if it solves your question Or just give it a Thumbs Up if it is helpful because this can help others.

LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/manan-malhotra-vfx/

Want to support me! Buy me a Cup of Coffee?

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Manan-Malhotra
Continued Contributor
Continued Contributor

You can simply create a "choices" column in your collection using "AddColumns" with the value of "true" and "false".
So when the user logs in you can mark his status as true by patching it and when he press logout patch his status as false (These patches will be done in your collection).
-->Apply a filter on the gallery to show only the true values

Sorry for the noob question @Manan-Malhotra. I already created another column (Still onsite) on my SP List and working now when I click sign-in and sign-out. May I know where can I insert the filtering for that column on the codes below. 

[SortByColumns(Filter([@'Visitor Management'], StartsWith(Title, TextSearchBox1.Text)), "Title", If(SortDescending1, Descending, Ascending))]

Thanks

Manan-Malhotra
Continued Contributor
Continued Contributor

[SortByColumns(Filter([@'Visitor Management'],Still onsite="true", StartsWith(Title, TextSearchBox1.Text)), "Title", If(SortDescending1, Descending, Ascending))]

You can use multiple filters in a single Filter function as shown in the above code
Hope this helps!

Please Accept as Solution if it solves your question Or just give it a Thumbs Up if it is helpful because this can help others.

LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/manan-malhotra-vfx/

Want to support me! Buy me a Cup of Coffee?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Apps News & Annoucements carousel

Power Apps News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Apps community.

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Join us in Las Vegas to experience community, incredible learning opportunities, and connections that will help grow skills, know-how, and more.

Power Apps Community Blog Carousel

Power Apps Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (4,861)