Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Helper I
Helper I

How to export/import model driven apps across environments

Hello everyone,

I keep getting a error every time I follow the docs to import and export model driven apps across environments via solutions. The error is saying that I don't have the necessary components included, even though I'm clicking to include all components and adding all required entities. Anyone have any idea on why this keeps happening?

Thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Super User
Super User

Re: How to export/import model driven apps across environments

Hi @Sevsep 

Simple question, does the entity which the model driven app connect to exist in the new environment or is it part of the solution to be imported?

You would need the model driven app and the site map in the solution and if the entity doesn't exist in the destination environment, that would have to be included as well (with all the components, fields, forms, views)

Kind regards

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Super User
Super User

Re: How to export/import model driven apps across environments

Hi @Sevsep 

Simple question, does the entity which the model driven app connect to exist in the new environment or is it part of the solution to be imported?

You would need the model driven app and the site map in the solution and if the entity doesn't exist in the destination environment, that would have to be included as well (with all the components, fields, forms, views)

Kind regards

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
secondImage

Demo-Extravaganza 2020

Check out these cool Power Apps & vote on your favorite!

secondImage

Robotic Process Automation

Let's talk about the solution provided by Microsoft for Robotic Process Automation (RPA)

secondImage

Community Highlights

Check out whats happening in Power Apps

secondImage

Community User Group Member Badges

FIll out a quick form to claim your community user group member badge today!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (7,372)