cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

How to filter a Combobox

Hi Guys,

I can't figured out why I I can't do a filter on combobox. 

Below is the formula that I tried to apply. 

I Want to filter the value in the combo box, based on the values  that I retrived from a filter .

Filter(Choices('Sales Force KPI'.'KPI Activity');Value in Filter('Sales Force KPI';'Sales Rep'.DisplayName="ABC").'KPI Activity')

What happens is that "Display Fields" is always empty [] .. and I can't see anything in the multiple dropdown list.

I read also this post and I tried to follow the suggestions, but still nothing 

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/General-Discussion/How-to-filter-choices-on-Combobox/td-p/101436

Any clues? 

Thank for helping me 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Re: How to filter a Combobox

I found the issue. The syntax of the formula is correct but function User.Displayname has a table value return so it can't be used with function Value in. I did a filter on a text column a everything works

Filter(Choices('Sales Force KPI'.'KPI Activity');Value in Filter('Sales Force KPI';'Sales Rep'.DisplayName="ABC").'KPI Activity')

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

If that is a copy/paste of your formula, you need to change the semi-colon to a comma

Filter(Choices('Sales Force KPI'.'KPI Activity'),Value in Filter('Sales Force KPI';'Sales Rep'.DisplayName="ABC").'KPI Activity')

If that doesn't fix it, post back.

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

My regional setting setup use ; (semi-comma) intsead of comma. This is not the issue.

Anyway thanks for checking  

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

I found the issue. The syntax of the formula is correct but function User.Displayname has a table value return so it can't be used with function Value in. I did a filter on a text column a everything works

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
Check this Out

Announcing

Class of 2020- Season 2

Check this Out

Helpful information

Featuring samples like Return to the Workplace and Emergency Response Applications

August 2020 Community Challenge: Can You Solve These?

August 2020 Community Challenge: Can You Solve These?

We're excited to announce our first cross-community 'Can You Solve These?' challenge!

secondImage

Return to Workplace

Reopen responsibly, monitor intelligently, and protect continuously with solutions for a safer work environment.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (8,279)