cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dani1107
Level: Powered On

How to filter a Combobox

Hi Guys,

I can't figured out why I I can't do a filter on combobox. 

Below is the formula that I tried to apply. 

I Want to filter the value in the combo box, based on the values  that I retrived from a filter .

Filter(Choices('Sales Force KPI'.'KPI Activity');Value in Filter('Sales Force KPI';'Sales Rep'.DisplayName="ABC").'KPI Activity')

What happens is that "Display Fields" is always empty [] .. and I can't see anything in the multiple dropdown list.

I read also this post and I tried to follow the suggestions, but still nothing 

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/General-Discussion/How-to-filter-choices-on-Combobox/td-p/101436

Any clues? 

Thank for helping me 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
dani1107

Re: How to filter a Combobox

I found the issue. The syntax of the formula is correct but function User.Displayname has a table value return so it can't be used with function Value in. I did a filter on a text column a everything works

Filter(Choices('Sales Force KPI'.'KPI Activity');Value in Filter('Sales Force KPI';'Sales Rep'.DisplayName="ABC").'KPI Activity')

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
TimRohr
Level 10

If that is a copy/paste of your formula, you need to change the semi-colon to a comma

Filter(Choices('Sales Force KPI'.'KPI Activity'),Value in Filter('Sales Force KPI';'Sales Rep'.DisplayName="ABC").'KPI Activity')

If that doesn't fix it, post back.

dani1107

My regional setting setup use ; (semi-comma) intsead of comma. This is not the issue.

Anyway thanks for checking  

Highlighted
dani1107

I found the issue. The syntax of the formula is correct but function User.Displayname has a table value return so it can't be used with function Value in. I did a filter on a text column a everything works

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
New Ranks and Rank Icons in April

'New Ranks and Rank Icons in April

Read the announcement for more information!

Better Together’ Contest Finalists Announced!

'Better Together’ Contest Finalists Announced!

Congrats to the finalists of our ‘Better Together’-themed T-shirt design contest! Click for the top entries.

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

thirdimage

Community Summit North America

Innovate, Collaborate, Grow - The top training and networking event across the globe for Microsoft Business Applications

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (7,979)