Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jjasper
Helper III
Helper III

How to filter a gallery by reason

Hello, 

I am on a bit of a time crunch so I am sorry if there is already an answer to this question and I haven't found it. 

I have created an app to track staff off during COVID-19 and their reason for being off. I have set up a gallery that has the information I am looking for but I am wondering if there is a way to filter for reason being off. Currently in my sharepoint list I have the reasons listed out in columns and on the form in PowerApps it is all yes or no answers. Is it possible to have a dropdown in my sharepoint for reason being off and then in the PowerApps have the option to filter the gallery based of the dropdown from sharepoint. 

I was hoping that we could search for number of people off due to child care needs and see who is off for childcare needs. The current set up I would need to do a searchbox for each reason being off work so they can search but I don't want that. I am looking for an easy way to search staff who are off a specific reason. 

Also is there a way to show how many days are left in a negative numbers? eg. 10 days left off work but shows -10 days

TIA

1 REPLY 1
mdevaney
Super User III
Super User III

@jjasper
To populate a Dropdown with reasons put this code in the Items property.

Choices(your_datasource_name.your_column_name)

To filter the gallery use this code in the Items property.

Filter(your_datasource_name, ReasonColumnName.Value = Dropdown1.Selected.Value)

—-
Please Accept as Solution if this post answered your question so others may find it more quickly. If you found this post helpful consider giving it a Thumbs Up.

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

MBAS Attendee Badge

Claim Your Badge & Digital Swag!

Check out how to claim yours today!

secondImage

Are Your Ready?

Test your skills now with the Cloud Skill Challenge.

secondImage

Demo Extravaganza is Back!

We are excited to announce that Demo Extravaganza for 2021 has started!

MBAS on Demand

Microsoft Business Applications Summit sessions

On-demand access to all the great content presented by the product teams and community members! #MSBizAppsSummit #CommunityRocks

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (66,951)