cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Lucas
Advocate V
Advocate V

How to filter records from a CDM lookup ?

Hello All,

I have an app using this method to bring values from a lookup column:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/PowerApps-Knowledge-Base/How-to-show-multiple-value-of-CDS-Looku...

I would like to filter the values from the lookup, but it seems the default property only allows you to put "ThisItem.LookUpColumnName"

In other words:

I have the entity "invoice" and it has a lookup to "product" entity. Product  has 2 columns, "Name", which contain the name of the product, and "Status", which has 2 options, active and inactive.

Using the method from the link I was able to bring the product names into an Invoice's datacard, but I also want to filter the product names to show only the active ones.

I have tried Filter and Lookup functions in the defualt property of the datacard but it seems the only function allowed is  ThisItem.

Thank you,

Lucas

2 REPLIES 2
v-yamao-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi Lucas,

Thanks for checking the Knowledge base.

I would suggest you also connect a connection to Product entity, then use Filter function. Please check this thread about “Filter based on related table/entity”, Staff @rgruian has a workaround on this issue, please check it for a reference:
https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/PowerApps-Forum/Filter-based-on-related-table-entity/td-p/10618

Please feel free reply if you need more help.

Best regards,
Mabel Mao

Community Support Team _ Mabel Mao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hello @v-yamao-msft,

Thank you for your answear.

The way I have it working now is similar to the way you suggest. At the moment I'm bringing a dropdown and using the function filter to call the records I want, the problem with this it that the dropdown lack of a function I consider important for my user experience which is the feature to type and autosearch in the records available.

I have a thread related to this issue:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/PowerApps-Forum/How-to-add-option-into-DataCardValue-Dropdown/m-...

Due to there is no way at the moment to add that feature to the dropdown I'm trying to use the datacardvalue, which is the dropdown that bring the datacard by default, but this dropdown doesn't allow me to use any function (Filters or called collections) in their properties. the only function it excpetc is the ThisItem. ColumWithLookUp field.

I found out this DataCardValue DropDown lack of the property Items, which is the property that allows me to define the items I want by using filters or calling collections in the other dropdown.

Sincerely,

Lucas

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

365 EduCon 768x460.png

Microsoft 365 EduCon

Join us for two optional days of workshops and a 3-day conference, you can choose from over 130 sessions in multiple tracks and 25 workshops.

Users online (3,007)