cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Super User III
Super User III

Re: How to filter the Contact Entity Records if linking is done in another entity lookup field in Canvas app Gallery

Is the issue resolved

------------

If you like this post, give a Thumbs up. Where it solved your request, Mark it as a Solution to enable other users find it.

Highlighted
Helper V
Helper V

Re: How to filter the Contact Entity Records if linking is done in another entity lookup field in Canvas app Gallery

Hi @eka24 

I tried your solution but It is not working as Contact_Lookup is not a text data type its a Lookup data type. I have mentioned that in my requirement and screenshot. I have also tried the below logic but it is also not giving all the established data and also getting delegation warning:

Filter(Contact,Contact in 
                         Filter(
                                Distinct(Population,Contact_Lookup.Contact),
                                !IsBlank(Result)
                                 ).Result
        )

@v-siky-msft  I will try your approach and will post if it gives the required output or not. But thanks for your response.

Thanks,

Amit

Highlighted
Super User III
Super User III

Try these:

Filter(Contacts,'Full Name' in Population.Contact_Lookup.Value)
Filter(Contacts,Not('Full Name' in Population.Contact_Lookup.Value))

------------

If you like this post, give a Thumbs up. Where it solved your request, Mark it as a Solution to enable other users find it.

Highlighted
Helper V
Helper V

Hi @v-siky-msft 

I have tried your approach but and it is giving me some data but it is not giving me proper records.

In "Population Master" Entity I have around 18 contacts linked (in Contact_Lookup field). but when I am using your approach then I am getting only 6 contact records filter from Contacts entity (used Collection and your logic). I have created one flag calculated field which will set 1 if Contact_Lookup field contain data else 0. and then I did some testing and it is showing me 18 records which have Contact lookup id in Collection.

Below script gives me 18 records:

//In Screen OnVisible
ClearCollect(Population_Col,AddColumns(Filter('Population Masters',Flag="1"),"Contact_Lookup_Col",'Contact_Lookup'.Contact).Contact_Lookup_Col);

//In Gallery
Filter(Contacts,Contact in Population_Col)

Below script gives only 6 records:

//In Screen OnVisible
ClearCollect(Population_Col,AddColumns('Population Masters',"Contact_Lookup_Col",'Contact_Lookup'.Contact).Contact_Lookup_Col);

//on Gallery
Filter(Contacts,Contact in Population_Col)

Where is the issue, I am not able to figure out. Could you please help me with this?

Thanks,

Amit

Highlighted
Helper V
Helper V

Hi @v-siky-msft 

Could you please help me with the issue related to incorrect records retrieval.

Thanks,

Amit

Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @AmitSah ,

It seems to be a delegation issue as AddColumns() function isn't delegable.

Please try increase the threshold of Delegation Limitation to 2000 in Advance Settings to see if the issue is fixed.

Sik

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Find your favorite faces from the community presenting at the Power Platform Community Conference!

Watch Now

Experience what’s next for Power Apps

See the latest Power Apps innovations, updates, and demos from the Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (6,191)