cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Regular Visitor

How to filter the data by Dates

Hello, 

I was plan to create Attendance Apps using PowerApps. So I have problem, how to filter the data by dates. For example, I want to know who not attend in class last Friday or last month. When I choose one dates and the data in that date only will display in my apps.

All the data I can filter by search their name. But I have problem when I want to search the data by dates. Im sorry because Im newbie in PowerApps. Please Help me.

Any suggestions?

Thank You so much

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Hi @Eelman ,

Currently, within PowerApps, the AddColumns function is not a Delegable function, so it would process data locally in your app rather than delegate the process to data source itself.

Within PowerApps app, you could only process 2000 records locally at most. Please make sure you have set the "Data row limit for Non-delegable queries" option to maximum value -- 2000 within Advanced settings of App settings of your app.

If the data source records of your SP list is more than 2000, you could consider bulk-load your data source records into collection in your app, then use the collection as data source in your app. Please check and see if the following article would help in your scenario:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/General-Discussion/Pulling-in-large-ish-SQL-tables/m-p/243777#M7...

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Building-Power-Apps/Sort-gallery-with-multiple-fields/td-p/37973...

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Building-Power-Apps/Delegation-Formula-Help/td-p/393454

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Dual Super User III
Dual Super User III

Hi @MrAdam 

You can create two date pickers to capture the start and end date for the data retrieval.

Expression that can be used to filter out the results:

Filter(DataSourceName, DateColumn >= StartDateDatePicker.SelectedDate && DateColumn <= EndDateDatePicker.SelectedDate)

If you could share more details about the schema of the datasource along with the exact requirements, we might be able to help you better.

Hope this Helps!

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

Highlighted

Thank you for your reply.

This is my project. I was use only one date. I want to filter the data in the SearchBox. If you can help me. 

Thank You

Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @MrAdam ,

Could you please share a bit more about your scenario?

Do you want to type date value within the Searchbox to filter data within your Gallery?

Based on the needs that you mentioned, I think the Filter function and AddColumns function could achieve your needs. I have made a test on my side, please consider take a try with the following workaround:

Set the Items property of the Gallery to following:

Filter(
       AddColumns('DataSource', "TextDateValue", Text(DateColumn)),
       TextSearchBox1.Text in NameColumn ||
       StartsWith(TextDateValue, TextSearchBox1.Text)
)

Note: The DateColumn and NameColumn are both columns from your DataSource. Currently, the date type column could not be used as Search column within the Search function, you could only specify Text type column as Search column in Search function.

Please consider take a try with above solution, then check if the issue is solved.

Best regards,

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Highlighted

@v-xida-msft 

Would this AddColumns work on large datasets?

The reason I ask is because I've added extra columns to my SP Lists which have the dates converted to numbers in the format: yyyymmdd. This way I can filter using numbers instead of dates but you way seems a lot easier - especially if it works on large data sets.

Highlighted

Hi @Eelman ,

Currently, within PowerApps, the AddColumns function is not a Delegable function, so it would process data locally in your app rather than delegate the process to data source itself.

Within PowerApps app, you could only process 2000 records locally at most. Please make sure you have set the "Data row limit for Non-delegable queries" option to maximum value -- 2000 within Advanced settings of App settings of your app.

If the data source records of your SP list is more than 2000, you could consider bulk-load your data source records into collection in your app, then use the collection as data source in your app. Please check and see if the following article would help in your scenario:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/General-Discussion/Pulling-in-large-ish-SQL-tables/m-p/243777#M7...

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Building-Power-Apps/Sort-gallery-with-multiple-fields/td-p/37973...

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Building-Power-Apps/Delegation-Formula-Help/td-p/393454

Best regards,

View solution in original post

Highlighted

@v-xida-msft 

Ah ok, got it. Thanks mate!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

News & Announcements

Community Blog

Stay up tp date on the latest blogs and activities in the community News & Announcements.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Community Highlights

Community Highlights

Check out the Power Platform Community Highlights

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (5,689)