cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gwalker1

How to find OneNote Notebook key

I'm new to PowerApps and I'm trying to create a simple app that allows me to query information from my OneNote notebook. User enters a string, I look for pages that match that contain that string and list those pages to the user. 

Is this possible?

I've read the documentation of the OneNote connector for PowerApps and can't make heads or tails of it. 

If I wanted to use a function such as GetPageContent, where would I find the values for its parameters? Where do I find the values for notebookKey, sectionID, and pageID. 

Any help here would be much appreciated. 

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
Community Support
Community Support

Re: How to find OneNote Notebook key

Hi @gwalker1,

To get the notebookKey, insert a dropdown control and set its Items property to:

'OneNote(Business)'.GetNotebooks()

Then getting the sectionId, by inserting the 2nd dropdown control, and set its Items property to:

'OneNote(Business)'.GetSectionsInNotebook(Dropdown1.Selected.Key).value

Add the 3nd dropdown control to get the pageId, set its Items property to:

'OneNote(Business)'.GetPagesInSection(Dropdown1.Selected.Key,Dropdown2.Selected.pagesUrl).value

Notice for Dropdown2 and Dropdown3, you could change the Value property to more user-friendly value by selecting on the right side panel:

Capture.PNG

Regards,

Mona

Community Support Team _ Mona Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
gwalker1

Thank you very much @v-monli-msft. This helps alot. Kind of a dumb follow up question, but how can I copy the values from the dropdown boxes so that I can use them elsewhere in the application?

Community Support
Community Support

Hi @gwalker1,

That depends. But mostly for dropdown controls, the formula should be something like:

Dropdown1.Selected.xxx

Smiley Happy

Regards,

Mona

Community Support Team _ Mona Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
MBAS Gallery 2020

MBAS Gallery 2020

Watch Microsoft Business Applications Summit sessions on-demand.

firstImage

New Ranks and Rank Icons released on April 21!

The time has come: We are finally able to share more details on the brand-new ranks coming to the Power Apps Community!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (6,674)