Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
parthasarathy
Helper I
Helper I

How to format Thousand separator in SP Number field in Powerapps

Hi ,

I have to format the number entered like (12,000,000)in the Datacardkeyvalue of SP Number field.I have came across some article , in which they mentioned to add this formula in the Text Property of the DatcardKeyValue like below.

Text(Value(TextInput1.Text),"[$-en-US]###,###,###.00")

But i couldn't find Text property for Datcardkeyvalue, i have tried to do the same thing in the default property of Datacardkeyvalue field nothing helps. Any help to achieve this format. Thanks in Advance!.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi @parthasarathy ,

I don't think it works that way. I mean when the user tries to type a number, it will not be shown like 12,000,000, in fact, it will be shown like 12000000.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Jacky_Shen
Resolver IV
Resolver IV

Hi @parthasarathy ,

I assume you are talking about edit form, it is true you cannot find text property. In edit form, you can set the property of the default using the following formula:

Text(Parent.Default,"[$-en-US]#,###")

Hope this helps.

Best regards

Hi @Jacky_Shen ,

The above formula works when the value is already there like EditForm and ViewForm, is there any way to format while typing in the New form Control like 1,200,000

Hi @parthasarathy ,

I don't think it works that way. I mean when the user tries to type a number, it will not be shown like 12,000,000, in fact, it will be shown like 12000000.

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Microsoft Ignite 768x460.png

Find your focus

Explore the latest tools,training sessions,technical expertise, networking and more.

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Welcome Super Users.jpg

Super User Season 2

Congratulations, the new Super User Season 2 for 2021 has started!

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Users online (1,637)