Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nagaraj007
Post Patron
Post Patron

How to generate barcode

Hello All,

Please let me know how to generate barcode in Powerapps. If not is there any alternative to create.

Regards

Nagaraj

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi @nagaraj007 ,

Do you want to get URN field value by scanning the barcode?

You could only get barcode value by scanning barcode. However, since barcode value is unique value, so you could filter based on this to get URN field.

Try this formula:

LookUp(listname,BarcodeScanner1.Value='Barcode Value',URN)

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Phoebe Liu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
v-yutliu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @nagaraj007 ,

Do you want to generate barcode in powerapps?

If so, you could build canvas component to generate barcode in powerapps.

Someone has created this kind of component and posted it to github, you could check this here:

https://github.com/yifwang/PowerApps-components

If you think create a component is too complex, you could consider use sharepoint to generate barcode.

In sharepoint, when you create a new item in your list or library, the system will generate a barcode automatically.

The steps are:
1)
Activate the Site Policy feature

1. Go to the home page of the site collection for which you want to activate the Site Policy feature.

Go to Settings , Site Settings.

2. Under Site Collection Administration, choose Site Collection Features.

3. Scroll to Site Policy. On the right side, if you don't see Active, choose Activate

571.PNG

2)Enabling barcodes in SharePoint

list settings->Information management policy settings->Item->Enable barcodes

572.PNG

After you turn on this feather, when you create a new item, the list will generate a barcode for that item.

Just like this:

572.PNG

(Do not forget to show these two system generated columns: Barcode Value, Barcode)

Best regards,

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi,

I enabled barcode as per your instructions, but I have column in sharepoint named URN, i want barcode to show URN, so that when i scan from powerapps barcode scanner it should show the URN value.

Attached is the screen snip for your reference.

Hi @nagaraj007 ,

Do you want to get URN field value by scanning the barcode?

You could only get barcode value by scanning barcode. However, since barcode value is unique value, so you could filter based on this to get URN field.

Try this formula:

LookUp(listname,BarcodeScanner1.Value='Barcode Value',URN)

Best regards,

it's a good solution, but can you tell me how can I show it in PowerApps please 

Hi, were you able to

figure out how to display the SharePoint generated barcode in your power apps? I am struggling with that as well at the moment 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

Power Platform Call June 2022 768x460.png

Power Platform Community Call

Join us for the next call on June 15, 2022 at 8am PDT.

PA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

This training provides practical hands-on experience in creating Power Apps solutions in a full-day of instructor-led App creation workshop.

PA.JPG

New Release Planning Portal (Preview)

Check out our new release planning portal, an interactive way to plan and prepare for upcoming features in Power Platform.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (2,352)