cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
seadude
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

How to get Azure Blob Storage Text File Content?

Hello,

I'm storing JSON files (.json) in Azure Blob Storage (ABS). I want to access the JSON text in PowerApps using the GetFileContent action but I'm unable to get the JSON text.

Steps:

• Added the ABS connector to PowerApps
  • Added Gallery1 with Items property set to `AzureBlobStorage.ListRootFolderV2().value`
  • Added Gallery2 with Items property set to `AzureBlobStorage.ListFolderV2(Gallery1.Selected.Id).value`
  • Button in Gallery2 with OnSelect property set to `ClearCollect(colJSONFile,AzureBlobStorage.GetFileContent(ThisItem.Id))`

This results in a URL such as `appres://blobmanager/2ddfga995004345c53d8dggs7b3ef/11`.

How do I get the JSON text out of the blob?

Thank you!

3 REPLIES 3
seadude
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

I am able to access the JSON text content using the base64ToString Action in Flow, but I do not want to use Flow in this case.

Is there not a way to acces text from within a file?

Hi @seadude ,

I think this cannot be achieved so far. Please try to submit an idea in below forum:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Power-Apps-Ideas/idb-p/PowerAppsIdeas

Regards,

Mona

Community Support Team _ Mona Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
gwsampso

Wish I had of seen this post before implementing the same solution and ending at the same roadblock.

Do we know if a solution was ever found?

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (1,701)