cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
oneilll

How to get a value in Power Apps and pass it into the URL in the HTTP step

Hi

Im using the Call a Web Service from Power Apps Flow for the first time.  I want to pass a value for part of the URL REST call to the HTTP step - what is the best way to do this please?

Thanks

Liam

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
CarlosFigueira
Power Apps
Power Apps

If you want to pass a value from PowerApps to a flow, when you get to the place where you need the value, you select the field where you want the value to be read, and select the "Ask in PowerApps" on the dynamic content.

ForumPost001.PNG

Once you do that, you'll see an additional dynamic variable that is added, and you can use that variable as the parameter to the flow itself, or compose it with some constant value. In my case, my app will pass only the path of the URL, and the domain is fixed:

ForumPost002.PNG

In PowerApps, you'll see the parameter that you added in the flow when you select the flow in an action:

ForumPost003.PNG

Just a quick note: I've seen some cases where I update my flow (to add more parameters) and PowerApps doesn't reflect it immediately; I've found that closing and reopening the PowerApps Studio (or reloading the page if using the web authoring) solves it.

Hope this helps!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
CarlosFigueira
Power Apps
Power Apps

If you want to pass a value from PowerApps to a flow, when you get to the place where you need the value, you select the field where you want the value to be read, and select the "Ask in PowerApps" on the dynamic content.

ForumPost001.PNG

Once you do that, you'll see an additional dynamic variable that is added, and you can use that variable as the parameter to the flow itself, or compose it with some constant value. In my case, my app will pass only the path of the URL, and the domain is fixed:

ForumPost002.PNG

In PowerApps, you'll see the parameter that you added in the flow when you select the flow in an action:

ForumPost003.PNG

Just a quick note: I've seen some cases where I update my flow (to add more parameters) and PowerApps doesn't reflect it immediately; I've found that closing and reopening the PowerApps Studio (or reloading the page if using the web authoring) solves it.

Hope this helps!

NewBee117
Kudo Collector
Kudo Collector

I can't add "Ask in PowerApps" for the Queries portion of the HTTP trigger. Any workaround?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Apps News & Annoucements carousel

Power Apps News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Apps community.

Community Call Conversations

Introducing the Community Calls Conversations

A great place where you can stay up to date with community calls and interact with the speakers.

Power Apps Community Blog Carousel

Power Apps Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (4,496)