cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jchopde
Level: Powered On

How to get all the D365 record details on click of gallery record?

Dear Experts,

I am creating a app with 2 screens. Screen 1 has Gallery1 connected to 'DisplayUpdate' entity of Dynamics 365. i have show all the record details of selected record on screen 2. 

Screen 2 has a custom form with all the text and lookup fields of 'DisplayUpdate' entity. When user click on any record of Gallery1, Gallery1.Selected command will be executed on-select of that record. I'm adding the selected data in a collection i.e. 

ClearCollect(
DisplayUpdateData,
{displayupdate: Gallery1.Selected}
); 

But i am not able to get all the field details in 'DispayUpdateData' variable and not able to set the text and lookup values to the respective fields in screen 2.

Please suggest me the way to achieve this functionality.

Thanks in advance.

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
PavanKumar
Level 8

Re: How to get all the D365 record details on click of gallery record?

Hi @jchopde 

Please use variables to set values in the respective fields.

Example: Set(varTextBox1,"Hello"); Set Default property of the Textbox field to varTextBox1.

What exactly do you mean by you can't get all values? What type of information is that?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

if this answers your question mark it as verified and give it a thumbsup

Regards,

Pavan Kumar Garlapati

dynamicsedge
Level 8

Re: How to get all the D365 record details on click of gallery record?

@jchopde 

We are unsure of your specific scenario but to our understanding, your ClearCollect uses reasoning that appears to be an attempt to try to set a control from another control in an "External" way, which is not really how PowerApps works.

You should generally not try to set controls from other controls in some "bridge" or "external" manner.

Instead, you should try to reference the desired control property directly instead as much as possible from the relevant property of the other control.

So in your case, instead of ClearCollect you should try something else.

Try the following generic approach (adapt this to your scenario):

In your Form go to Item property of that Form, and set that to Gallery.Selected and see if this helps.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Better Together’ Contest Finalists Announced!

'Better Together’ Contest Finalists Announced!

Congrats to the finalists of our ‘Better Together’-themed T-shirt design contest! Click for the top entries.

thirdimage

Power Apps Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Join THE global Microsoft Power Platform event series

Attend for two days of expert-led learning and innovation on topics like AI and Analytics, powered by Dynamic Communities

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

thirdimage

Microsoft Business Applications Virtual Launch

Join us for the Microsoft Business Applications Virtual Launch Event on Thursday, April 2, 2020, at 8:00 AM PST.

thirdimage

Community Summit North America

Innovate, Collaborate, Grow - The top training and networking event across the globe for Microsoft Business Applications

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (3,834)