Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Roger_Katsu
Helper II
Helper II

How to get data from other people's outlook calendar

Hi all,

I have the scenario to get specified user's outlook calendar event information, and I have gone through this community on below messages.

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Building-Power-Apps/Powerapps-access-to-another-SINGLE-PERSONS-C...

Roger_Katsu_0-1646185081310.png

From this message(2021-01-18), I thought by using  Office365Outlook.CalendarGetTablesV2().value could get other people's calendar which has already shared permission with me.

But actually what I can see in my Power Apps gallery is only my own data.

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Building-Power-Apps/Power-Apps-Canvas-Office365Outlook-CalendarG...

Roger_Katsu_1-1646185304289.png

From this message, seems it said the function is still not supported (2021-12-02)

I think I have got a bit confused, can anybody help to clarify, thanks a lot.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
v-xiaochen-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Roger_Katsu ,

I agree with the first statement. I did a test  and user A can use this function to get the calendar shared by user B.

Make sure you have shared the calendar with this user.

Besides , if powerapps can't load the shared calendar, it may be because the permissions are not synced in time.

If you want it to sync in time, I suggest you remind your users to click the accept button in email.(When you share a calendar with a user, that user will recieve an email with a button at the same time )

vxiaochenmsft_0-1646382725782.png

Once the user click on accept, the calendar will show in his web calendar list.

vxiaochenmsft_1-1646382768138.png

In other words, the function of powerapps outlook is synchronized with the list.

Best Regards,

Wearsky

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-xiaochen-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Roger_Katsu ,

I agree with the first statement. I did a test  and user A can use this function to get the calendar shared by user B.

Make sure you have shared the calendar with this user.

Besides , if powerapps can't load the shared calendar, it may be because the permissions are not synced in time.

If you want it to sync in time, I suggest you remind your users to click the accept button in email.(When you share a calendar with a user, that user will recieve an email with a button at the same time )

vxiaochenmsft_0-1646382725782.png

Once the user click on accept, the calendar will show in his web calendar list.

vxiaochenmsft_1-1646382768138.png

In other words, the function of powerapps outlook is synchronized with the list.

Best Regards,

Wearsky

@v-xiaochen-msft thanks, xiaochen.

I found the reason why I can not get the other user's calendar even he has already shared his calendar with me.

There was an notification email after his share, and I need to click the "Accept" in that email.

Roger_Katsu_0-1646552077398.png

Thanks a lot.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Call June 2022 768x460.png

Power Platform Community Call

Join us for the next call on August 17, 2022 at 8am PDT.

Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

Users online (2,614)