cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
osama571

How to get only modified rows from SQL Server "When an item is modified (V2)"

Hi, 

I am using "When an item is modified (V2)" and when an item is modified in SQL table, I am getting all rows from the table as output, but I wanted to get only the modified rows from the table.

How can I do that?

Thanks in Advance 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
gabibalaban
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

@osama571 ,

Actually, the trigger "When an item is modified (V2)" returns only the modified item, is impossible that this trigger to return all table rows . Can you put a screenshot of your flow to understand better what you are trying to do ?

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
gabibalaban
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

@osama571 ,

Actually, the trigger "When an item is modified (V2)" returns only the modified item, is impossible that this trigger to return all table rows . Can you put a screenshot of your flow to understand better what you are trying to do ?

Hi @gabibalaban,

at start I am sending SQL query to update the rows in table (its should update only if the row is different)

and next step I should get the rows which are modified, but I am getting all the rows from the table which are 35 rows.

Here is my SQL code 

'''

update Table_name1 set Table_name1.[online]=a.Newstate from
(
select Table_name_View.[online] as Newstate from Table_name1
join Table_name_View on
Table_name1.Customer=Table_name_View.Customer and
Table_name1.name=Table_name_View.name
where Table_name1.[online]!=Table_name_View.[online]) a

'''

There is no action in power automate called “When an item is modified”, only triggers. Most probably you renamed an existing “Get items” action.

Please check the outputs of the “Execute the SQL query” action to see if the server returns something useful, like primary key of the affected rows.

I didn't know that the "When an item is modified (V2)" return only the modified rows. After you told me that I just checked my SQL Server and I found a mistake in it. Where every time the rows getting replace even if data are still the same and I just fixed it now and I am getting now the expected output.

my Problem is solved Thank you 

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

This training provides practical hands-on experience in creating Power Apps solutions in a full-day of instructor-led App creation workshop.

Microsoft Build 768x460.png

Microsoft Build is May 24-26. Have you registered yet?

Come together to explore latest innovations in code and application development—and gain insights from experts from around the world.

May UG Leader Call Carousel 768x460.png

What difference can a User Group make for you?

At the monthly call, connect with other leaders and find out how community makes your experience even better.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (1,340)