cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
vangrieg
Level: Powered On

How to get rid of an error notification?

I have a custom connector, with an Action which, on success, returns an empty response body and a "204 No Content" header (the action is to delete a record). 

It works fine except on success I get a red banner saying that there's an error and the response is not valid. What would be a way to suppress this? 

2 REPLIES 2
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: How to get rid of an error notification?

Hi @vangrieg,

Do you want to get rid of the 204 HTTP error on your side?

Further, do you fire/trigger a flow from your app, and receive response from your flow?

If you fired/triggered a flow from your app, and want to receive response from your flow, in order to get rid of the 204 HTTP error, you could consider take a try to set a default response value (e.g. 1 or Success) when your flow executes successfully.

The user @JamesM has faced same issue with you, please check my response within the following thread:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/General-Discussion/How-to-handle-a-Server-Error-500-from-calling...

Note: The HTTP action within above thread represents your custom connector, you could configure a "run after" action under your custom connector action, then set a default response value within the "Respond to PowerApps" action.

Best regards,

Kris

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
vangrieg
Level: Powered On

Re: How to get rid of an error notification?

Hi @v-xida-msft, thanks for your reply! 

You misunderstood my problem, I'm afraid. What I'm getting from the server is not an error. The 204 response is a 2xx one, so nothing is failing when I get it. It's just PowerApps throwing the error banner that is my problem, not an error itself. 

I'm not using Flow with this app, but this custom Action itself doesn't cause Flows to fail. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
New Ranks and Rank Icons in April

'New Ranks and Rank Icons in April

Read the announcement for more information!

Better Together’ Contest Finalists Announced!

'Better Together’ Contest Finalists Announced!

Congrats to the finalists of our ‘Better Together’-themed T-shirt design contest! Click for the top entries.

thirdimage

Power Apps Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Join THE global Microsoft Power Platform event series

Attend for two days of expert-led learning and innovation on topics like AI and Analytics, powered by Dynamic Communities

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

thirdimage

Community Summit North America

Innovate, Collaborate, Grow - The top training and networking event across the globe for Microsoft Business Applications

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (9,398)