Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
aayaanmayank
Helper III
Helper III

How to give reference to Data Card Value from another text box value

Hi Everyone can any help me on this?

I have a DataCard (empty text box) in a Form and i am trying to appear the value based on another textbox.

however it is not working.   

Also tried to directly enter below user function into DataCard but getting same error.

Office365Users.UserProfile(textbox.Text).DisplayName

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

@aayaanmayank, Then instead of referencing the Lead Name Text Field in the Label Mentor Name, use this formula in the Label Mentor Name: If(!IsBlankOrError(Office365Users.UserProfile(textbox.Text).DisplayName),

(Office365Users.UserProfile(textbox.Text).DisplayName))

If my reply helped you, please give a 👍 , & if it solved your issue, please 👍 & Accept it as the Solution to help other community members find it more.

I am primarily available on weekdays from 6-10 PM CT and 5-10 PM CT on weekends.

Visit my Blog: www.powerplatformplace.com

View solution in original post

15 REPLIES 15
BCBuizer
Super User
Super User

Hi @aayaanmayank,

How are you currently trying to set the value of the datacard and what is not working? What errors do you receive?

Did you like my post? Please give it a thumbs up! Did I resolve your issue? Please click Accept as Solution to close the topic and so other members of the community can find solutions more easily.

Screen shot.pngReference Text box DataCard error.pngFunction error on text box.png

@aayaanmayank, is this the Default value of the Input Text where the End users enter the Emails?

AhmedSalih_0-1662733163558.png

If my reply helped you, please give a 👍 , & if it solved your issue, please 👍 & Accept it as the Solution to help other community members find it more.

I am primarily available on weekdays from 6-10 PM CT and 5-10 PM CT on weekends.

BCBuizer
Super User
Super User

Hi @aayaanmayank ,

The error says it: you are creating a circular reference.

textbox.Default is referring to DataCardValue5, so if you reference textbox.Text in DataCardValue5, that completes the circle.

To break the circle you have to use a different reference, for instance User().Email to get the current user's mail address.

Did you like my post? Please give it a thumbs up! Did I resolve your issue? Please click Accept as Solution to close the topic and so other members of the community can find solutions more easily.

User entering only their assigned mentor email id and in the label mentor Name will appear in Lablebox.  

I dont need the current user email address. user has to enter assign mentor/lead email id and based on the name will auto appear. 

@aayaanmayank, Then instead of referencing the Lead Name Text Field in the Label Mentor Name, use this formula in the Label Mentor Name: If(!IsBlankOrError(Office365Users.UserProfile(textbox.Text).DisplayName),

(Office365Users.UserProfile(textbox.Text).DisplayName))

It worked thank you so much

@aayaanmayank, Happy to Help 🙂

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Apps News & Annoucements carousel

Power Apps News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Apps community.

Community Call Conversations

Introducing the Community Calls Conversations

A great place where you can stay up to date with community calls and interact with the speakers.

Power Apps Community Blog Carousel

Power Apps Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (5,184)