cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Advocate II
Advocate II

How to handle building a form for employees to submit, but not see underlying data

Been waiting patiently for PowerApps for SharePoint Custom Forms to be released but a little unsure how to handle. The use case is simple and I think common to every business. We want an easy way to build a form, that employees can fill out with a good experience, and then not see the underlying list where it is submitted to.

What is the best practice here? In the past have used InfoPath to build the form, broken inheritance on the list, given the "everyone except external users" contribute rights, and changed the security of the list for users to only be able to see their own items. 

I have also used SP workflows to change owenrship of an item, or move the item to a new list, and then delete the original item so the user who submits can not see. A lot more work than this should be.

How can we easily develop a form, deploy, and only have the user see a well built form and a simple confirmation page without having access to the list where the info goes?

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Re: How to handle building a form for employees to submit, but not see underlying data

Hi @rlburg,

I am not sure I understand your full scenario.

Currently PowerApps is able to create an App directly from the SharePoint list data, we could filter the List with the help of the User() function, so that the SharePoint list will only show items associated with the user logged in.

You may get start from here:

Generate an app to Manage data in a SharePoint list

If here you would like to be able to deal with the data without go to the SharePoint list site, then create an App should be the option.

Further, for SharePoint list form integration, please check:

SharePoint custom forms: Build seperate forms to create, show or edit the list item

Regards,

Michael

Community Support Team _ Michael Shao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
August 2020 Community Challenge: Can You Solve These?

August 2020 Community Challenge: Can You Solve These?

We're excited to announce our first cross-community 'Can You Solve These?' challenge!

secondImage

Return to Workplace

Reopen responsibly, monitor intelligently, and protect continuously with solutions for a safer work environment.

secondImage

Super Users Coming in August

We are excited for the next Super User season.

secondImage

Community User Group Member Badges

FIll out a quick form to claim your community user group member badge today!

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (7,848)