cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

How to have Gallery grab the most recent entries in a Sharepoint List

Hello All,

So today I encountered PowerApps 500 item limit with my SharePoint gallery in my app. I was able to apply a band aid fix by increasing the amount to 2000 but again, that's a temporary fix. 

The thing is, neither me or my users cares about an entry that was made 1/2 months ago and care only about the most recent entries (the data will still get saved to the SharePoint list anyway so that's all that matters). So my question is this: Let's say I have 600 items in a SharePoint list and Powerapps by default will only show items 1-500. Is there a way to tell it to instead show items 100-600; showing the most recent items while still following PowerApps limitations?

Thanks in advance. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Super User III
Super User III

@acasey2304 

Yes, you can simply sort by the most recent entries made.

Sort(your_datasource_name, ID, Descending)

---
Please click "Accept as Solution" if my post answered your question so that others may find it more quickly. If you found this post helpful consider giving it a "Thumbs Up."

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Super User III
Super User III

@acasey2304 

Yes, you can simply sort by the most recent entries made.

Sort(your_datasource_name, ID, Descending)

---
Please click "Accept as Solution" if my post answered your question so that others may find it more quickly. If you found this post helpful consider giving it a "Thumbs Up."

View solution in original post

Highlighted

No, that didn't quite solve my issue.

My problem is that Powerapps will not even acknowledge that any items past 500 items even exists in a data source by default and will only display the first 500 items in the list. As a result, items 501-600 are not included in the gallery. I want to make it so that Powerapps will display the last 500 items in the SharePoint list. I don't really care about items 1-100. 

I tired your method, trying both Ascending and Descending, and it didn't work. 

Highlighted

@acasey2304 
This worked for me.  Are you getting any errors?  Did you remember to Refresh the datasource after adding entries to the SharePoint list?

---

Highlighted

After switching some things around in the code, I can confirm now that your solution does in fact work.

Thank you

Highlighted

@acasey2304 

Please accept my post as the solution 🙂

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

News & Announcements

Community Blog

Stay up tp date on the latest blogs and activities in the community News & Announcements.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Community Highlights

Community Highlights

Check out the Power Platform Community Highlights

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (9,387)