cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Timm1
Helper III
Helper III

How to have multiple checkbox datacards

Hi there!  I was able to convert a dropdown to checkboxes and was able to keep multiple checkbox entries by using a Gallery and changing some code. Works great.  I tired to do the same to the next datacard but there are conflicting results when I check from both places. I have a feeling it is the ForAll(ColCheckedArea) code that is messing it up. How can I have multiple datacards with checkbox Galleries?  Here is the code I used for the first one.

Gallery1 Checkbox-   

Oncheck-  Collect(colCheckedArea, {Title:ThisItem.Value})

OnUncheck-   RemoveIf(colCheckedArea, Title=ThisItem.Value)

In the dropdown item – DefaultSelectedItems -  ForAll(ColCheckedArea, {Value:Title})

I even changed the Title to Title2 on the second Gallery but that didn’t work. 

Please let me know if you need more info and thank you for your time.

2 REPLIES 2
RandyHayes
Super User
Super User

@Timm1 

Firstly, you are not dealing with a Dropdown if you have a DefaultSelectedItems, that is a Combobox.  And, with a combobox, your DefaultSelectedItems signature MUST match the record structure defined in the Items property.  So, I would first look at that.  If the Items property is not a table of single column rows with a column named Value, then nothing will match.  

If, for example, you have an Items property of ["a", "b", "c"] then you will have a single Value column table and you can set your DefaultSelectedItems to : RenameColumns(colCheckedArea, "Title", "Value")  (you don't really need ForAll to set your items).

But, if your Items property is more complex, then your DefaultSelectedItems needs to match that signature.

I hope this is helpful for you.

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up below. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution below. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.
Check out my PowerApps Videos too! And, follow me on Twitter @RandyHayes

Really want to show your appreciation? Buy Me A Cup Of Coffee!

Thank you RandyHayes!  You are correct, it is a Combobox.  I will give your suggestion a try.  Thanks

Helpful resources

Announcements
User Group Leader Meeting January 768x460.png

Calling all User Group Leaders!

Don't miss the User Group Leader meetings on January, 24th & 25th, 2022.

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (1,812)