cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Isatol
Frequent Visitor

How to hide an option in drop down with SharePointIntegration?

Hi,

I want to hide an option in my drop down with information of SharePointIntegration. For example:

Captura9.JPG

The option "Nuevo" it shouldn't be there, because a new item had already been added to the list, and in edit mode only the other options have to be shown: "En Proceso", "Completado", "Cerrado".

How to hide the element "Nuevo"?

Thank You!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

This works!  Just need to make sure to add ['Value'] to the Data DisplayFields and SearchFields.  It got wiped for me when I switched the Combobox from the SP List values to the Collection values.

image.png

Also, your code needs an enparen at the end 😜

ClearCollect(colDropDownOptions, Filter(Choices('DataSource'.ColumnOptions), Not(Value = "Nuevo")))

Thanks!

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi

I don't think this can be done for the moment. Controls don't allow this granularity. The only way i see is to have duplicated tables with different items possibilities so that you refer to the one you want

Regards

v-monli-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Isatol,

Sorry but I think this cannot be achieved so far. If you really need the function, please post this idea in the PowerApps Ideas forum, so it might be considered for future releases.

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/PowerApps-Ideas/idb-p/PowerAppsIdeas

Regards,

Mona Li

Community Support Team _ Mona Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Have you tried something like filtering the options and storing them in a collection and using that collection as the item for the drop down/combo box?

(I'm assuming this is a combo box using, maybe, the choices function, since I had this problem a week or so ago)

So something like, in the OnVisible property maybe of the screen the form is on:

ClearCollect(colDropDownOptions, Filter(Choices('DataSource'.ColumnOptions), Not(Value = "Nuevo"))

Then, in the Item property of the drop down, put colDropDownOptions

I haven't tested this so I don't know if it works/you may have to tweak it a bit.

This works!  Just need to make sure to add ['Value'] to the Data DisplayFields and SearchFields.  It got wiped for me when I switched the Combobox from the SP List values to the Collection values.

image.png

Also, your code needs an enparen at the end 😜

ClearCollect(colDropDownOptions, Filter(Choices('DataSource'.ColumnOptions), Not(Value = "Nuevo")))

Thanks!

View solution in original post

This doesnt work

in Screen.OnVisible i have

ClearCollect(colStatusOptions,Filter(Choices(Incidents.bimStatus),Not(Value="Neu")))

in the ComboBox DatacardValue

bimStatus.Items i have

colStatusOptions

The Choices are always empty, no Choices available in preview mode.

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (3,089)