cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

How to hold the execution of Flow until controls on screen are fully loaded?

Hi Everyone,

I have a flow which gets executed at OnVisible of the screen in PowerApps. The flow takes selected user email from a combobox control bound to People/Groups column in Sharepoint List and returns corresponding data.

The flow gets triggered prior to loading of the combobox control (thus taking "" as argument) and fails. while navigating to the screen.

Is there any way  hold the execution of Flow until the combobox is completely loaded?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
v-xida-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

Do you want to hold the execution of Flow until all controls on current screen are fully loaded?

Do you auto-fill the ComboBox within your app?

If you want to hold the execution of Flow until all controls on current screen are fully loaded, I afraid that there is no way to achieve your needs in PowerApps currently.

As an alternative solution, I think the Timer control could achieve your needs. You could consider use the Timer control to set a Delay time (e.g. 4 seconds), then execute your 'YourFlowName'.Run(...) formula.

1. Set the OnVisible property of the current screen to following:

Set(IsStart, true)

2. Add a Timer control (Timer1) within your app, set the Start property to following:

IsStart

Set the Duration property to following:

4000       /* <-- 4 seconds. You could specify this to a appropriate time value on your side */

Set the OnTimerEnd property to following:

'YourFlowName'.Run(...);   /* <-- Type your flow execution formula here */
Set(IsStart, false);
Reset(Timer1)

Set the Visible property of the Timer control to following:

false

Please consider take a try with above solution, then check if the issue is solved.

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

HI @Anonymous 

Can you please confirm if you want to trigger on Page Visible only? If not, you can trigger it on the OnChange property of your combobox control, this will trigger the flow only when a value is selected from the combobox.

Hope this Helps!

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!
v-xida-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

Do you want to hold the execution of Flow until all controls on current screen are fully loaded?

Do you auto-fill the ComboBox within your app?

If you want to hold the execution of Flow until all controls on current screen are fully loaded, I afraid that there is no way to achieve your needs in PowerApps currently.

As an alternative solution, I think the Timer control could achieve your needs. You could consider use the Timer control to set a Delay time (e.g. 4 seconds), then execute your 'YourFlowName'.Run(...) formula.

1. Set the OnVisible property of the current screen to following:

Set(IsStart, true)

2. Add a Timer control (Timer1) within your app, set the Start property to following:

IsStart

Set the Duration property to following:

4000       /* <-- 4 seconds. You could specify this to a appropriate time value on your side */

Set the OnTimerEnd property to following:

'YourFlowName'.Run(...);   /* <-- Type your flow execution formula here */
Set(IsStart, false);
Reset(Timer1)

Set the Visible property of the Timer control to following:

false

Please consider take a try with above solution, then check if the issue is solved.

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Apps News & Annoucements carousel

Power Apps News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Apps community.

Power Apps Community Blog Carousel

Power Apps Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (5,383)