cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable

How to immediately update "additional fields" added through a LookUp Column?

Hi everyone,

I am trying to create a powerapp for our department using Sharepoint List(s).

I have a maintable on which the application is build and then I have dimension like sharepoint lists to pull data from into the main table.

One example is the below Sharepoint list of customers (and their respective manager and contact person):

ImmediateUpdateLookUpColumn2.JPG

ImmediateUpdateLookUpColumn5.JPGImmediateUpdateLookUpColumn1.JPG

It should be noted that it works perfectly fine. My main issue is however as can be seen below, that when I choose a customer, the "Ilgili Kisi" and "Yukun Subesi" does not actually get "updated" before I submit the Editform. This is an issue in terms of useability as people might think it did not work properly.

ImmediateUpdateLookUpColumn4.JPGImmediateUpdateLookUpColumn3.JPG

Is there any way to immediately update it?

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Helper V
Helper V

Re: How to immediately update "additional fields" added through a LookUp Column?

You can set a variable on the OnChange property of your dropdown using: Set(Variable,Dropdown1.SelectedText). Then set the value of your other 2 fields equal to the Variable.

Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: How to immediately update "additional fields" added through a LookUp Column?

hi @kriggo15 

Thank you for the response!

I can't make that work as I do not want the choosen name of the company I choose from dropdown, but the corresponding managers/contact person as can be seen from the "Customers Table" in the screenshot of my first post

Highlighted
Helper V
Helper V

What if you try:

1st field: Lookup(SPList,Dropdown.Selected.IlgiliFirma in IlgiliFirma, 'Ilgili Kisi')
2nd field: Lookup(SPList,Dropdown.Selected.IlgiliFirma in IlgiliFirma, 'Yukun Subesi')

You'll have to retype the field names in case I didn't read them properly in the screenshot.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

Watch Now

Experience what’s next for Power Apps

See the latest Power Apps innovations, updates, and demos from the Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (4,420)