cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

How to improve the app which is live in Production?

Hello All,

We have created a power app for a use case and now it is LIVE. We would like to make improvements to the app.

How can we do it to the existing app? Unless we publish the changes, we cannot test it. How to deal with this situation?

Thank you! 

3 REPLIES 3
gabibalaban
Super User
Super User

Hi @Anonymous ,

My approach on this matter is to save a app copy on the same environment, and to develop my improvements here. 

After i'm assured that everything works fine on the copy-app, i'll "save as" it with the name of the original app. 

The original app keeps it's own users even after this procedure. 

The minus part is that during the development in copy app, you'll share the connections with the original app and that can cause problems as you are working on a live datasources and can alter the data inside them by mistake.

Hope I gave you an idea ! 

ajdhingr
Microsoft
Microsoft

@Anonymous  - There are many way . One is as mentioned by @gabibalaban i.e. Save copy and then test your app. If you more that 1 environment then the best approach is either in a Solution or Export the app from prod and import the app in the test environment . 

Make the changes and import back into Production. This will insure that you follow the change management process.

IF YOU LIKE THE ANSWER THEN MARK IT ANSWERD   

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you for the inputs. What will happen to the power app link shared with the users in both cases? Will a new link be generated?

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (2,777)