cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Benjy_97

How to launch a document from Dataverse in PowerApps?

Is it possible to build functionality that can link or display a document that is stored in the documents table from dataverse in PowerApps? 

I have a gallery that is filtered down to documents to a certain object via its ID (GUID) link between each other. These documents have a file, file type and name stored against them in their record. Is it possible to be able to launch these from within the App so that users can see them from the frontend of the application? 

This would be a great feature and if not currently possible I'll probably post it as a suggestion for a new feature. 

4 REPLIES 4
Nogueira1306
Super User
Super User

Why dint you try to use the Laucnh() function??

Plus, if they are PDF you alo have the possibility to use the PDF Viewer (that it is having some problems)

If you need additional help please tag me in your reply and please like my reply.
If my reply provided you with a solution, pleased mark it as a solution ✔️!

Best regards,
Gonçalo Nogueira

Check my LinkedIn!

Check my User Group (pt-PT)!

Last Post on Community

My website!

Benjy_97

I have tried the Launch() function with many different properties and nothing happens when they are clicked. 

I am also experimenting with the PDF viewer but I always get an error that says the PDF is corrupted or invalid. 

In PDF you need to use a Flow... I was trying to find the flow but I can't

Benjy_97

I am thinking now not to use the PDF viewer. Instead I am trying to see if I can get the Download() function to work with some string manipulation on the Document File property to enable it  to launch and download correctly

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

This training provides practical hands-on experience in creating Power Apps solutions in a full-day of instructor-led App creation workshop.

PA.JPG

New Release Planning Portal (Preview)

Check out our new release planning portal, an interactive way to plan and prepare for upcoming features in Power Platform.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (4,039)