cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Oskarkuus
Super User
Super User

How to let users pick a security group from a gallery?

I am building an app in a tenant with about 10000 groups in their AAD.

I want the user of the app to be able to pick a group.

But since 10000 is a bit over the limits of what powerapps can handle i want to limit the list to only show securty groups since there are far less security groups than microsoft365 groups (unified).

The only stable solution i have found is to use a sharepoint person column to be able to let the user find security groups from all 10000. Using the free connections Office365Groups or AzureAD, there is no way to get all or only bring in security groups.

I could setup a custom connector i guess... But that would mean the tenant needs lots of premium licenses and that is not an option.

It feels so simple that i should be able to get the tenants own groups into a list...

Why i do not want to use the Person column picker from sharepoint is because it can not be filtered... it is very ugly and i dont get the ID of the group.

2 REPLIES 2
v-bofeng-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Oskarkuus ,

You could consider creating an online table such as an SP list to save security group information (GroupName,GroupId……). This allows users to access security group information even if they do not have an premium license.

To ensure that the data in this table is reliable, you can crate a scheduled flow to call the Graphy API to get the groups, and then update the SP list every few days. That way you just need to have one premium license.

Best Regards,

Bof

Oskarkuus
Super User
Super User

Thanks. It is a temporary solution... Not a long term one i think... It is weird that you cant get group type from a free connection.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Apps News & Annoucements carousel

Power Apps News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Apps community.

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Join us in Las Vegas to experience community, incredible learning opportunities, and connections that will help grow skills, know-how, and more.

Power Apps Community Blog Carousel

Power Apps Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (2,751)