cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
WalterFlow
Advocate III
Advocate III

How to limit SharePoint List Permission but all users still able to change/view data in Powerapps

I am writing an apps for end-users. They are now available to view/create/edit/delete list items.

However, I want to limit their permission on Sharepoint List and they are only able to do changes though Powerapps.

Is that possible to remove all end-users permission in Sharepoint list, but end-user still able to view/create/edit/delete list items though Powerapps? (maybe save a system account in Powerapps to get/process data?)

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
WarrenBelz
Super User III
Super User III

Hi @WalterFlow ,

Power Apps relies on the permissions the user has to the data source for the maximum allowable. I mention this as you can restrict permissions in Power Apps to less than SharePoint, but not the other way around.

The easiest way is the "hide" the SharePoint list (a sub-site with a list name not easily guessed generally works) or an easier method is simply remove the list fro the site navigation.

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
WarrenBelz
Super User III
Super User III

Hi @WalterFlow ,

Power Apps relies on the permissions the user has to the data source for the maximum allowable. I mention this as you can restrict permissions in Power Apps to less than SharePoint, but not the other way around.

The easiest way is the "hide" the SharePoint list (a sub-site with a list name not easily guessed generally works) or an easier method is simply remove the list fro the site navigation.

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

View solution in original post

Thanks for the reply, it can help to hide the list from all normal user.

However, it means everyone in the organization, who get the SharePoint list links, can directly edit the list data.

Currently, some of the users(e.g. admin) need to directly edit the list.

That means I may need to create another app for admin function for them.

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

Power Apps Community Call

Monthly Power Apps Community Call

Did you miss the call?? Check out the Power Apps Community Call here!

secondImage

Experience what’s next for Power Apps

See the latest Power Apps innovations, updates, and demos from the Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Power Platform ISV STudio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage applications post-AppSource publish.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (42,211)