cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ang710
Regular Visitor

How to limit number of total points Power Apps

Hi, 

I'm building a Power App where users can choose up to 4 activities from 4 dropdown menus, and each activity equals to 1 point. The maximum number of activities they could choose from is 4 (so could be less than 4 activities chosen). How do you limit the number of points the user can get? @

4 REPLIES 4
One
Resolver III
Resolver III

hi @ang710,

are you using comboboxes or dropdowns? and if you are using dropdowns, do you have 'AllowEmptySelection' turned on? If you are allowing for empty selections you can just sum the number of dropdowns that AREN'T blank. otherwise if you are using multiselect comboboxes, you can just SUM the count of the rows of the combobox.selecteditems. if the rowcount > 4 notify user, else if rowcount <= 4 SubmitForm.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please click "Accept as Solution" if this post answered your question so that it is helpful for people having similar questions. If you found this post helpful smack that Thumbs up button! Thanks!

ang710
Regular Visitor

Hi One! 

I'm using 8 dropdown boxes, and I have also sum the number of dropdowns that are not blank. Sorry I had made a typo about using 4 dropdowns, I meant to say 8. There's 8 options for the user to choose from. I want to be able to limit the number to only 4 dropdowns max, so if the user chooses 8 dropdowns, the total points will only show "4". 

One
Resolver III
Resolver III

Hi @ang710,

It would depend how you want to go about limiting the number of points. Do you want the user to still be able to select options from the other dropdowns even if the points stay at 4? or would you prefer to lock the other dropdowns after 4 selections have been made? you could also make them invisible if you would rather hide them from the user after they make their selections?

ang710
Regular Visitor

Hi! 

I want the user to still be able to select options from the other dropdowns even if the points stay at 4.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

May UG Leader Call Carousel 768x460.png

June User Group Leader Call

Join us on June 28 for our monthly User Group leader call!

PA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

This training provides practical hands-on experience in creating Power Apps solutions in a full-day of instructor-led App creation workshop.

PA.JPG

New Release Planning Portal (Preview)

Check out our new release planning portal, an interactive way to plan and prepare for upcoming features in Power Platform.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (1,446)