cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ifrit
Advocate IV
Advocate IV

How to list names in combo box connected to people picker field in SP?

I connected a combo box to a column in my SP list that is of the type "Person or Group".
I get the items in as I can see them selectable but there are no values displayed.

The records are there, you can select, but the list is blank as what I have in DisplayFields and SearchFields property is clearly incorrect.

Ifrit_1-1601628880317.png

I tried the same as for standard people picker

["DisplayName","ComplianceAssetId","Email","Picture","Claims"]

but that doesn't work, probably because this is a table in a table situation.

Can somebody suggest a correct syntax? The data are there which I proven by selecting one of the blank lines and saving the selection into a variable, I just can't see it.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
VijayTailor
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Hi @Ifrit ,

For this requirement 2 scenario  - in your Combobox people filed have multiple value selected then you want to display only 1st value or contacted value.

Please see the demo already used both scenarios

Code for Only Display the First selected Item.
AddColumns(TestAkshay,"UserDIsplayName",First(Candidate.DisplayName).DisplayName)

Code for Concatenated Selected Person
AddColumns(TestAkshay,"UserDIsplayName",Concat(Candidate,DisplayName,";"))

Reference - Demo
ComboBOxPeopleField.gif
 Thanks,
Please click "Accept as Solution" if my post answered your question so that others may find it more quickly. If you found this post helpful consider giving it a "Thumbs Up."

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
VijayTailor
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Hi @Ifrit ,

For this requirement 2 scenario  - in your Combobox people filed have multiple value selected then you want to display only 1st value or contacted value.

Please see the demo already used both scenarios

Code for Only Display the First selected Item.
AddColumns(TestAkshay,"UserDIsplayName",First(Candidate.DisplayName).DisplayName)

Code for Concatenated Selected Person
AddColumns(TestAkshay,"UserDIsplayName",Concat(Candidate,DisplayName,";"))

Reference - Demo
ComboBOxPeopleField.gif
 Thanks,
Please click "Accept as Solution" if my post answered your question so that others may find it more quickly. If you found this post helpful consider giving it a "Thumbs Up."

View solution in original post

Works like a charm 😄 thanks!

That's what I was missing. I came up with a solution using Distinct, but it wasn't perfect

Thank you

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

Power Query PA Forum 768x460.png

Check it out!

Did you know that you can visit the Power Query Forum in Power BI and now Power Apps

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

PowerPlatform 768x460.png

Microsoft Learn

Check out our new Discover Your Career Path blog post series and get all the details.

Users online (1,555)