cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sudosaurus
Post Prodigy
Post Prodigy

How to load patched SharePoint form in PowerApps?

Hello,

I have created a custom layout form in PowerApps where all the fields are patched in one OnSelect button to a SharePoint list and this works great! Kudos to @thekhristy_  for helping me with that bit!

I have created a gallery on another screen which lists the SharePoint items and have placed a button next to the gallery item which has a navigate function to move to the "Form_Scrn" (this doesnt contain a SharePoint list form control as it's a custom layout.

Usually I use a SharePoint control and can load the items but due to it being custom I am not sure on being able to load the selected list item and have it display?

Any pointers would be ace!

Thanks.

5 REPLIES 5
v-qiaqi-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @sudosaurus,

Could you please tell me that how you configure this custom layout?

Show me a screenshot of this custom layout in the Form_Scrn.

If this custom layout is a form, you just need to set the Item property as below:

Gallery1.Selected

If this custom layout contains multi standalone controls like TextInput or Combo Box, you need to populate the Default property of the TextInput as below:

Gallery1.Selected.Field1
Best Regards,
Qi
sudosaurus
Post Prodigy
Post Prodigy

@v-qiaqi-msft 

This is the custom form layout:

sudosaurus_0-1666601506515.png

Form_Scrn is used to submitting new forms to SharePoint list.

Would you suggest that I duplicate this screen and then use that as the view form screen where I can set the default items values for each control?

Hi @sudosaurus

Which control you want to display the selected item from the Gallery? The one at the top?

I am confused that if the top one is a custom form or just standalone controls?

"Usually I use a SharePoint control and can load the items but due to it being custom I am not sure on being able to load the selected list item and have it display?"

What do you mean by the selected list item? Where and which control you select the list item?

Best Regards,
Qi
sudosaurus
Post Prodigy
Post Prodigy

@v-qiaqi-msft 

Does this make any sense?

sudosaurus_0-1666605610230.png

I'm wondering that if I duplicate this screen I can then set the "Gallery1.Selected.Field1" values on each of the controls I have in this form?
These have default values set on the current form eg. Choices('Uniform order form'.MensPoloShirt).
Hence why it would probably make more sense to use a different form view/screen?

Hi @sudosaurus,

Okay, that makes sense.

Here is what I got from your reply:

1). The screenshot you provided is a custom layout to submit new records to list

2). A Gallery in CompletedForm_Scrn to display all the items in the list and a navigation button to navigate back to the Form_Scrn where should load the selected item from the CompletedForm_Scrn

If the above is what happened in your scenario, I think the best way is to create individual controls to display the selected item because you just need to display a single record.

Best Regards,
Qi

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Apps News & Annoucements carousel

Power Apps News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Apps community.

Community Call Conversations

Introducing the Community Calls Conversations

A great place where you can stay up to date with community calls and interact with the speakers.

Power Apps Community Blog Carousel

Power Apps Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (1,702)