Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
preethi1_suresh
Helper II
Helper II

How to load the dropdown items based on another drop down selection

I have two entities

1. projects- they have column project ID, Project name,Project Stage.

2.Activity- They have column Activity number,Project Id.

In the first drop down , I loaded Project Id  that have project stage as InProcess.

so, in the items property : I given as

ShowColumns(Filter(Projects,'Project stage'="Inprocess"),"ProjectID","ProjectName")

So, based on the project ID selection,

I have to load the respective activity number in another drop down.

Please give solution to me

3 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

@preethi1_suresh ,

From your post, I surmised you wanted the 'Activity Number' field from the Activity list when in that record the 'Project ID' field is the same as the ProjectID selected in your dropdown. If so, what I posted is the correct code. Have I misread your requirements?

View solution in original post

yes @WarrenBelz  , that's my requirement. But i don't know why i didn't get output.

Is there any other solution to meet my needs.

Thanks in advance

@preethi1_suresh ,

I assume you are displaying the field in your Combo Box ? If nothing is showing, I think you need to check your data to ensure a match actually exists.

6 REPLIES 6
WarrenBelz
Super User
Super User

Hi @preethi1_suresh ,

Probably something like

Filter(
   Activity,
   'Project Id' = YourFirstDDName.Selected.ProjectID
).'Activity Number'

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

MVP (Business Applications)   Visit my blog Practical Power Apps

Thanks for your solution @WarrenBelz , I use this formula on Items property , but No items is loaded.

I don't no why? can you please suggest me another way.

Thanks in advance

@preethi1_suresh ,

From your post, I surmised you wanted the 'Activity Number' field from the Activity list when in that record the 'Project ID' field is the same as the ProjectID selected in your dropdown. If so, what I posted is the correct code. Have I misread your requirements?

yes @WarrenBelz  , that's my requirement. But i don't know why i didn't get output.

Is there any other solution to meet my needs.

Thanks in advance

@preethi1_suresh ,

I assume you are displaying the field in your Combo Box ? If nothing is showing, I think you need to check your data to ensure a match actually exists.

Thanks @WarrenBelz . I checked it , but i got stuck. Thanks  a lot it really helpful me for me ..

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Apps News & Annoucements carousel

Power Apps News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Apps community.

Power Apps Community Blog Carousel

Power Apps Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (4,519)