Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MK18
Helper I
Helper I

How to lookup multiple tables containing only 1 row

Hi, 

I am just trying to make a simple inspection checklist app in Teams that populate the checkpoint as per selection of product category. 

I start with basic information table (called "basic information") in dataverse where I need to put general information. Also, there is selection of product category (called " Product Category").

Then I make a couple of dataverse tables ("Light A" and "Light B") that contain detailed inspection checkpoints in each column. 

The tables consist of only 1 single row. 

My question here is that

Q1. what I am trying to do is efficient to run the app?

Q2. how can I give choice to pick tables (Light A or Light B) in "Product category" such that only table selected from "Product category" will be shown in the next page or section.

MK18_0-1656861293943.png

Regards,

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
v-qiaqi-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @MK18,

Do you want to populate the form item based on the category selected?

Could you please tell me if you populate the category Combo Box with the Choices('Product Category')?

Actually, you could use a Switch or If statement to switch the data source for the second form.

Please set the Item property of the second form as below:

Switch(ComboBox5.Selected.Value,'Product Category'.ListA,ListA,'Product Category'.ListB,ListB)
Best Regards,
Qi

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
v-qiaqi-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @MK18,

Do you want to populate the form item based on the category selected?

Could you please tell me if you populate the category Combo Box with the Choices('Product Category')?

Actually, you could use a Switch or If statement to switch the data source for the second form.

Please set the Item property of the second form as below:

Switch(ComboBox5.Selected.Value,'Product Category'.ListA,ListA,'Product Category'.ListB,ListB)
Best Regards,
Qi

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Call June 2022 768x460.png

Power Platform Community Call

Join us for the next call on August 17, 2022 at 8am PDT.

Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

Users online (5,700)