cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
peter5164

How to lookup related data

My brain must be wasting away. This should be simple but I can't work it out.

I have a list of volunteers (Volunteers table) that appears and when I click on one I can see their complete details. I'm trying to have a button where it takes me to a list of their completed training and a SP table called 'training'. So what I have tried is opening a screen with a filter on the 'on visible' that chooses only the training for that person. 

The filter is Filter(training, Training.VolID = ?) and there I draw a blank! Can anyone help me?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
CNT
Super User
Super User

@peter5164 Assuming that you have a Gallery of volunteers in Screen 1, in the OnSelect of the Gallery set a global variable, Set(gblSelectedVolunteer, yourGallery.Selected)

Then in the Gallery of training Screen 2, in the Items property,

Filter(training, Training.VolID = gblSelectedVolunteer.ID)

* Remember to replace, control and column names as applicable

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
CNT
Super User
Super User

@peter5164 Assuming that you have a Gallery of volunteers in Screen 1, in the OnSelect of the Gallery set a global variable, Set(gblSelectedVolunteer, yourGallery.Selected)

Then in the Gallery of training Screen 2, in the Items property,

Filter(training, Training.VolID = gblSelectedVolunteer.ID)

* Remember to replace, control and column names as applicable

peter5164

Actually the solution was a little more tricky than that although you did put me on the right track.

Screen 1 - A  gallery list

Screen 2 - An individual's details

Screen 3 - The training an individual had done

The problem which you highlighted for me was that I had been trying to Set a Variable when moving from screen 2 to screen 3. When I set the variable on the first screen (before moving to screen 2) it was a simple matter.

Thank You!

@peter5164 

Glad it help!

Helpful resources

Announcements
2022 Release Wave 1 760x460.png

2022 Release Wave 1 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2022 release wave 1 describes all new features releasing from April 2022 through September 2022.

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (1,298)