Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Asy
Helper I
Helper I

How to make a "Select All" Checkbox ?

Hello,

I would like to create a checkbox which when it is going to be select then the others checkboxes in the form will be check too, like a "Select all" checkbox. How can I do that ?

I tried this formula with the OnSelect property: If(Checkbox113.Value=true; Checkbox6.Value=true) but it doesn't work.

Thank you for your help 🙂

Check.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
RandyHayes
Super User
Super User

@Asy 

You can't directly set the property of a control like that.  What you would do in this case is to change the Default formula on the Checkbox6 control. 

You can simply place this in the Default property:  Checkbox113.Value

That will set your checkbox whenever the "select all" is set.

I hope that is helpful for you.

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up below. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution below. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.
NOTE: My normal response times will be Mon to Fri from 1 PM to 10 PM UTC (and lots of other times too!)
Check out my PowerApps Videos too! And, follow me on Twitter @RandyHayes

Really want to show your appreciation? Buy Me A Cup Of Coffee!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
RandyHayes
Super User
Super User

@Asy 

You can't directly set the property of a control like that.  What you would do in this case is to change the Default formula on the Checkbox6 control. 

You can simply place this in the Default property:  Checkbox113.Value

That will set your checkbox whenever the "select all" is set.

I hope that is helpful for you.

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up below. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution below. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.
NOTE: My normal response times will be Mon to Fri from 1 PM to 10 PM UTC (and lots of other times too!)
Check out my PowerApps Videos too! And, follow me on Twitter @RandyHayes

Really want to show your appreciation? Buy Me A Cup Of Coffee!

Hello @RandyHayes,

I'm struggling with some additional features that build on this, and I hope you can provide some guidance. 
I've discovered a case in my app that needs to be dealt with, where the users use the 'select all' checkbox, and then deselect some values afterwards, but the 'select all' checkbox is still checked. Is there a way to make it so the 'select all' checkbox gets unchecked if some of the checkboxes is being unselected? 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

365 EduCon 768x460.png

Microsoft 365 EduCon

Join us for two optional days of workshops and a 3-day conference, you can choose from over 130 sessions in multiple tracks and 25 workshops.

Users online (3,212)