cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dev-harrisonw
Frequent Visitor

How to make group visible if certain gallery item selected

79e6a3d32a2a2949b12eea1313521b4c.png

I'm trying to hide a certain group of text, based on the selection of the gallery item (above the selected group).

For example, if the gallery item 'Call' is selected, show the group containing the date information - if any other gallery item is selected, hide the date.

Quite new to PowerApps, any support would be hugely appreciated, hoping to learn from your solutions. 😊 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
RandyHayes
Super User
Super User

@dev-harrisonw 

Set the Visible property of your controls to:

yourGallery.Selected.Value = "Call"

Now - without knowing the Items property of your Gallery, I am making the assumption that the Items table has records with a Value column in them, and in that column is the text displayed in your buttons.

If that is not the case and you are lost on determining it, please provide the Items property of your Gallery.

I hope this is helpful for you.

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up below. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution below. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.
Check out my PowerApps Videos too! And, follow me on Twitter @RandyHayes

Really want to show your appreciation? Buy Me A Cup Of Coffee!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
RandyHayes
Super User
Super User

@dev-harrisonw 

Set the Visible property of your controls to:

yourGallery.Selected.Value = "Call"

Now - without knowing the Items property of your Gallery, I am making the assumption that the Items table has records with a Value column in them, and in that column is the text displayed in your buttons.

If that is not the case and you are lost on determining it, please provide the Items property of your Gallery.

I hope this is helpful for you.

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up below. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution below. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.

View solution in original post

Perfect! Thanks for your help Randy ❤️

@RandyHayes Now how do I apply this to multiple options, for example - emails, leads and opportunities but not calls 

RandyHayes
Super User
Super User

@dev-harrisonw 

Same concept - Set the Visible property of what you want to be visible based on the selection to:

yourGallery.Selected.Value = "selection"

Just replace selection above with the proper gallery text that designates it to be visible.

Also, if you have some that need to be visible in multiple conditions, then you can use this as well.

yourGallery.Selected.Value in "-Call-Lead-"

Just be careful with the above as you are expecting to have dissimilar values to match properly.

For example, if your Gallery had "Email" and "Previous Emails" in it, then with that formula:

yourGallery.Selected.Value in "-Previous Emails-Call-"

The control would be visible both if a user selected Email or Previous Emails - which was not the desired result.

So, if your text values don't really overlap like that, you can use this shortcut method.

Also, the dashes in the above are just arbitrary spacers, they mean nothing.

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Microsoft Ignite 768x460.png

Find your focus

Explore the latest tools,training sessions,technical expertise, networking and more.

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Welcome Super Users.jpg

Super User Season 2

Congratulations, the new Super User Season 2 for 2021 has started!

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Users online (1,589)