cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Helper I
Helper I

How to make phone app/layout appear in middle of screen when running from desktop?

Hello,

We designed a PowerApps app using the default phone layout- a few data entry forms which was mainly used when employees were traveling.  Due to the current situation - people are not traveling and are using the app on their laptops.  On the laptop - all of the forms appear way to the left of the screen.  Any way to make these appear in the center of the desktop screen?  Or is there a way to convert  phone app layouts to tablet?

Appreciate any help you can provide.

Thanks,

Dan

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Super User
Super User

Re: How to make phone app/layout appear in middle of screen when running from desktop?

Hi @lesotho_kid ,

Have a look in your settings under Experimental Features and see if this is turned on - if so, turn it offOptimizeEmbedding.png

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Super User
Super User

Re: How to make phone app/layout appear in middle of screen when running from desktop?

Hi @lesotho_kid ,

Have a look in your settings under Experimental Features and see if this is turned on - if so, turn it offOptimizeEmbedding.png

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Microsoft
Microsoft

I would like to add more comment on @WarrenBelz 's reply.

Here is an official document:

Create responsive layouts in canvas apps

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/maker/canvas-apps/create-responsive-layout

Width = "Max(App.Width, If(App.Width < App.Height, App.DesignWidth, App.DesignHeight))"

Height = "Max(App.Height, If(App.Width < App.Height, App.DesignHeight, App.DesignWidth))"

The following formula is the one I made to keep components such as labels and buttons center X-position:

(Max(App.Width, If(App.Width < App.Height, App.DesignWidth, App.DesignHeight)))/2 - (SubmitTicketLabel.Width/2)

Summary: ((Total Width) / 2) - (Width of Current Component/2)

Y-position would be as below: (Haven't tested)

(Max(App.Height, If(App.Width < App.Height, App.DesignHeight, App.DesignWidth)))/2 - (SubmitTicketLabel.Height/2)

Hope this helps.

Highlighted
Helper I
Helper I

Thanks @WarrenBelz  and @JisungHan 

Helpful resources

Announcements
secondImage

New Return to Workplace

Reopen responsibly, monitor intelligently, and protect continuously with solutions for a safer work environment.

Experience what’s next for Power Apps

Join us for an in-depth look at the new Power Apps features and capabilities at the free Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Check this Out

Helpful information

Featuring samples like Return to the Workplace and Emergency Response Applications

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (9,033)