cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MadhanSA

How to make the Canvas App id constant across environments?

Hi,

I have an embedded canvas app in my development environment. When I export this app as a package and import it in my test environment, the App ID is getting changed. Because of this, I need to manually change the App ID in the form where I am using it. Is there any way to export the app with the same ID?

Thanks,

Madhan

21 REPLIES 21

I'd love to do it! I haven't been able to determine how to apply Environmental Variables in the Component configurations on a form.

Do you know of any documentation on this?

Do you happen to know if this ensures that the canvas app link stays the same across environments regardless of new imports?

Context:

I have a dev and prod environment for my canvas app. Within those environments I have a solution folder that houses the application, to move the application from one environment to the next I simply export the solution folder in dev then import it to prod. However when I do this the link to the canvas app changes 😞 As you can imagine this presents an issue because every business user who has the app bookmarked no longer can access the app via the old link.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

Power Platform Call June 2022 768x460.png

Power Platform Community Call

Join us for the next call on June 15, 2022 at 8am PDT.

PA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

This training provides practical hands-on experience in creating Power Apps solutions in a full-day of instructor-led App creation workshop.

PA.JPG

New Release Planning Portal (Preview)

Check out our new release planning portal, an interactive way to plan and prepare for upcoming features in Power Platform.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (2,461)