cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
NVisa
Frequent Visitor

How to make

Hi everyone,

I'd like to create a activity record in Power Apps whenever there's any update in SharePoint as following conditions:

- Power Apps display record of modified file in SharePoint site.

- Each person will see only their own history record and not see record on anyone else.

- Display only last "limited" number of history records in Power Apps. (ie. last 5 records of that file)

- Not approach with creating a log record in spreadsheet, since the an apps user will be around 200 persons.

So far, I have tried using RSS feed url from SharePoint site on folder level that I want an update and use function:

RSS.ListFeedItems("https://xxxx.rss",{since:xxxxx})

but it show RSS list feed item failed error. (as shown in picture)

I'm an owner of SharePoint site so I wonder if there any concern about my organization credential?

I have tried using feed url from public website and it's working fine.

Thank you.

4 REPLIES 4
yuxi666
Microsoft
Microsoft

Hi @NVisa 

Please conference: how-to-show-rss-feed-in-powerapps  and this case: RSS-How-to-show-a-feed-in-a-powerapps-textbox-form-etc 

More information: render-rss-custom-page-template 

Best Regards.

yuxi

NVisa
Frequent Visitor

Hi @yuxi666 ,

Thank you for your references. I have tried all these steps in your links, however, I still get an error message as shown in picture.

I'll see if there's any other approach how to get status update feature on my apps.

a.JPG

eka24
Super User
Super User

Audrey Gordon in this video makes a connection to RSS feed. If you not already watched, kindly watch it. May give some basics:
https://youtu.be/U60m2UrAoaU

If you like this post give thumps up and if it solved it Mark as a solution
NVisa
Frequent Visitor

Hi @eka24 ,

Thanks for the link to video, I also already watched this video. It's really helpful for creating news feed but I got stuck at my feed URL has some error.

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (2,799)