Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
MaxWendorff
Level: Powered On

How to move a record from one list to another PLS HELP

Hello, 

I am creating a warehouse management app and I have run into an issue. Any help or input would be much appreciated!

Screen Shot 2020-01-14 at 3.27.52 PM.png

The screen above is where I am running into an issue. All the radio buttons represent a table.

SHP= Shipping

REC=Receiving

STG=Staging

TRS1=Transfer1

TRS2=Transfer2

QA=Quarantine

The labels underneath is an edit form that is filled in with the selected item in anyone of the tables. My issue is I need the move button in the right corner to "OnSelect" move the record that is selected to the table that is indicated by the drop down list. I also need the capability to move a specified amount of quantity from a record. This would be changed in the edit form. So that if I only want to move half of what is in shipping to receiving the quantity would subtract from the receiving and add to the shipping. 

I believe that the "UpdateIf" function will be of use here but I am struggling finding a solution. Let me know what anyone thinks and if you need more information. 

-Maxwell

1 REPLY 1
dynamicsedge
Level 8

Re: How to move a record from one list to another PLS HELP

@MaxWendorff 

If you want to use an UpdateIf you can try with UpdateIf(YourOtherDataSource,YourCondition,YourNewRecord)

You may want to wrap with ForAll in your case too if you are trying to do this with multiple items.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/maker/canvas-apps/functions/function-forall

May need more information - does the above help with a starting point?

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Coming Soon: T-Shirt Design Contest

Keep your eyes open for our upcoming T-shirt design contest!

thirdimage

Power Apps Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (6,685)