cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DT69
Frequent Visitor

How to navigate to 'No' screen if ALL equal 'No' or "Yes' screen if ANY equal 'Yes'?

I am fairly certain there is an easier way to do this... There is no table or collection here, just drop downs. We are hoping to advance to a specific screen if all dropdowns equal No or to a different screen if any of the response equal yes. This is what I have...

If('DropDown-DSS-3-Q4'.Selected.Value = "No", Navigate('DSS-5-RespondsNo',ScreenTransition.None)) Or If('DropDown-DSS-3-Q5'.Selected.Value = "No", Navigate('DSS-5-RespondsNo',ScreenTransition.None)) Or If('DropDown-DSS-3-Q6'.Selected.Value = "No", Navigate('DSS-5-RespondsNo',ScreenTransition.None)) Or If('DropDown-DSS-3-Q7'.Selected.Value = "No", Navigate('DSS-5-RespondsNo',ScreenTransition.None)) Or If('DropDown-DSS-3-Q8'.Selected.Value = "No", Navigate('DSS-5-RespondsNo',ScreenTransition.None))

Seeking any tips or suggestions.

Thank you.

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
WarrenBelz
Super User
Super User

Hi @DT69 

Try this 

If(
   'DropDown-DSS-3-Q4'.Selected.Value = "No", 
   Navigate('DSS-5-RespondsNo',ScreenTransition.None)
   'DropDown-DSS-3-Q5'.Selected.Value = "No", 
   'DropDown-DSS-3-Q6'.Selected.Value = "No", 
   'DropDown-DSS-3-Q7'.Selected.Value = "No", 
   'DropDown-DSS-3-Q8'.Selected.Value = "No", 
)

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

View solution in original post

wyotim
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Hi @DT69, maybe try this:

If(
    'DropDown-DSS-3-Q4'.Selected.Value = "No" && 'DropDown-DSS-3-Q5'.Selected.Value = "No" && 'DropDown-DSS-3-Q6'.Selected.Value = "No" && 'DropDown-DSS-3-Q7'.Selected.Value = "No" && 'DropDown-DSS-3-Q8'.Selected.Value = "No", 
    Navigate('DSS-5-RespondsNo', ScreenTransition.None),
    Navigate('DSS-4-RespondsYes', ScreenTransition.None)
)

It's not pretty but it should get the job done!

I think the issue with the previous suggestion is that if, for example, 'DropDown-DSS-3-Q4'.Selected.Value = "No" it will navigate to 'DSS-5-RespondsNo' even if 'DropDown-DSS-3-Q5'.Selected.Value = "Yes" because it doesn't check the other values before navigating. Reversing the conditions for that suggestion would probably work as it only needs one "Yes" to navigate to the other screen. So:

If(
    'DropDown-DSS-3-Q4'.Selected.Value = "Yes", 
    Navigate('DSS-4-RespondsYes', ScreenTransition.None),
    'DropDown-DSS-3-Q5'.Selected.Value = "Yes", 
    'DropDown-DSS-3-Q6'.Selected.Value = "Yes", 
    'DropDown-DSS-3-Q7'.Selected.Value = "Yes", 
    'DropDown-DSS-3-Q8'.Selected.Value = "Yes",
    Navigate('DSS-5-RespondsNo', ScreenTransition.None)
)

Feel free to let me know if that works for you or not! I'm happy to follow up if needed!

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
WarrenBelz
Super User
Super User

Hi @DT69 

Try this 

If(
   'DropDown-DSS-3-Q4'.Selected.Value = "No", 
   'DropDown-DSS-3-Q5'.Selected.Value = "No", 
   'DropDown-DSS-3-Q6'.Selected.Value = "No", 
   'DropDown-DSS-3-Q7'.Selected.Value = "No", 
   'DropDown-DSS-3-Q8'.Selected.Value = "No", 
)

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

The suggested formula did not work for me. Also, I failed to mention that if ANY of the four dropdowns equal 'Yes', the 'icon' control should navigate to 'DSS-4-RespondsYes'.  

Thank you.

DT69
Frequent Visitor

@WarrenBelz I renamed the dropdowns, after I update the formula with the new names it worked, mostly. It will only navigate to the 'No' page even when one dropdown is set to yes... Here's the updated formula:

If(
'DropDown-DSS-3-Q4'.Selected.Value = "No", Navigate('DSS-5-RespondsNo',ScreenTransition.None),
'DropDown-DSS-3-Q5'.Selected.Value = "No", Navigate('DSS-5-RespondsNo',ScreenTransition.None),
'DropDown-DSS-3-Q6'.Selected.Value = "No", Navigate('DSS-5-RespondsNo',ScreenTransition.None),
'DropDown-DSS-3-Q7'.Selected.Value = "No", Navigate('DSS-5-RespondsNo',ScreenTransition.None),
'DropDown-DSS-3-Q8'.Selected.Value = "No", Navigate('DSS-5-RespondsNo',ScreenTransition.None),[Navigate('DSS-4-RespondsYes')]
)

Thank you,

wyotim
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Hi @DT69, maybe try this:

If(
    'DropDown-DSS-3-Q4'.Selected.Value = "No" && 'DropDown-DSS-3-Q5'.Selected.Value = "No" && 'DropDown-DSS-3-Q6'.Selected.Value = "No" && 'DropDown-DSS-3-Q7'.Selected.Value = "No" && 'DropDown-DSS-3-Q8'.Selected.Value = "No", 
    Navigate('DSS-5-RespondsNo', ScreenTransition.None),
    Navigate('DSS-4-RespondsYes', ScreenTransition.None)
)

It's not pretty but it should get the job done!

I think the issue with the previous suggestion is that if, for example, 'DropDown-DSS-3-Q4'.Selected.Value = "No" it will navigate to 'DSS-5-RespondsNo' even if 'DropDown-DSS-3-Q5'.Selected.Value = "Yes" because it doesn't check the other values before navigating. Reversing the conditions for that suggestion would probably work as it only needs one "Yes" to navigate to the other screen. So:

If(
    'DropDown-DSS-3-Q4'.Selected.Value = "Yes", 
    'DropDown-DSS-3-Q5'.Selected.Value = "Yes", 
    'DropDown-DSS-3-Q6'.Selected.Value = "Yes", 
    'DropDown-DSS-3-Q7'.Selected.Value = "Yes", 
    'DropDown-DSS-3-Q8'.Selected.Value = "Yes",
    Navigate('DSS-5-RespondsNo', ScreenTransition.None)
)

Feel free to let me know if that works for you or not! I'm happy to follow up if needed!

DT69
Frequent Visitor

That did it ! Thank you!

Thank you both @WarrenBelz and @wyotim for your time and genius! 

Hi @DT69 ,

I try to check my feed hourly and just got back to this. My approach would have been similar to @wyotim .

You have the option of accepting more than one solution - entirely up to you.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Join us in Las Vegas to experience community, incredible learning opportunities, and connections that will help grow skills, know-how, and more.

Difinity Conference 2022

Difinity Conference 2022

Register today for two amazing days of learning, featuring intensive learning sessions across multiple tracks, led by engaging and dynamic experts.

European SharePoint Conference

European SharePoint Conference

The European SharePoint Conference returns live and in-person November 28-December 1 with 4 Microsoft Keynotes, 9 Tutorials, and 120 Sessions.

Power Apps Ideas

Check out the New Ideas Site

We are excited to announce a new way to share your ideas for Power Apps!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (2,880)