cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

How to open new form window filled with data selectively from other item

Hi!

I have a list in sharepoint with modern UI, which has been customized in powerapps. I am looking for a solution that will allow me to launch a new edititable form window, in which few of the column values will be automatically copied from element on which action was triggered. Is it possible to achieve it using flow / powerapps?

Thanks.

4 REPLIES 4
Power Apps
Power Apps

Hi,

You could create a new edit form powerapp (or technically even reuse the same form) and launch it using the Launch function

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/functions/function-param

When constructing the inputs to the launch function, you can fill it with the data that you have on your existing form.

In your new edit form, you can use the params function to read the parameters that were passed to it via the launch function and use those values to prefill your form.

I hope that makes sense! Let me know if you need further clarification!

Cherie

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi!

Thank you for your answer. Can I somehow use these functions from the sharepoint level? Namely, I would like to create a button visible in the sharepoint list, which would open a new form with the data filled from the element that the button is connected with (example in the annex). At this moment I`ve created a formula for my button that launches a simple flow. I hope that what I wrote is understandable.Thanks

button.PNG

@Anonymous- I am not 100% sure if the new custom column formatting feature of SharePoint can support this or not, but that may be a way to look at for this.

You can put hyperlinks to the new app as Cherie suggested with an url like: https://web.powerapps.com/app/<appid>?SPItemId=[ID of current item]

Then you can read the parameter in OnStart of the app using Param("SPItemId") and then set default values in your form.

Did you manage to get a solution to this I am trying to achieve exactly the same thing?

I have managed to get a link to the selected item sent via an email through flow but I cannot get the powerapp to pop up from a link like you have sggested or by even triggering the flow.

Best Regards

Jamie

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

News & Announcements

Community Blog

Stay up tp date on the latest blogs and activities in the community News & Announcements.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Community Highlights

Community Highlights

Check out the Power Platform Community Highlights

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (9,484)