cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Rin90
Helper I
Helper I

How to plot multiple choice dropdown into HTML PDF?

Hi all, 

I am trying to figure how to plot a dropdown multiple choice into HTML PDF. I have tried several things but somehow I cannot get it right. 

I am trying to plot the following dropdown into HTML: 

Rin90_1-1615983987966.png

I am curious which HTML code I should use? See the marked rule, this is the one that troubles me. 

Rin90_0-1615983802550.png

Thanks in advance! 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
RandyHayes
Super User
Super User

@Rin90 

You mention a Dropdown - a Dropdown does not have the ability to have multiple selections, so I assume you meant a ComboBox - and now looking at your image...it is a combobox.

Put this in your formula instead:

... & Concat(DataCardValue266.SelectedItems, Value & "; ") & ...

If you are doing this after you submit the form, then I would recommend this in the OnSuccess action of the form and also to reference the Last Submitted value instead of the control in the form.

Ex.

... & Concat(yourForm.LastSubmit.'What Type of A/C is this applicable?', Value & "; ") & ...

I hope this is helpful for you.

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up below. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution below. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.
Check out my PowerApps Videos too! And, follow me on Twitter @RandyHayes

Really want to show your appreciation? Buy Me A Cup Of Coffee!

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
RandyHayes
Super User
Super User

@Rin90 

You mention a Dropdown - a Dropdown does not have the ability to have multiple selections, so I assume you meant a ComboBox - and now looking at your image...it is a combobox.

Put this in your formula instead:

... & Concat(DataCardValue266.SelectedItems, Value & "; ") & ...

If you are doing this after you submit the form, then I would recommend this in the OnSuccess action of the form and also to reference the Last Submitted value instead of the control in the form.

Ex.

... & Concat(yourForm.LastSubmit.'What Type of A/C is this applicable?', Value & "; ") & ...

I hope this is helpful for you.

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up below. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution below. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.

View solution in original post

@RandyHayes 

Thank you so much for the help! The formula is correct and I can now use it for more cards which were not HTML programmed. 

About the last part, I have created a button to export the whole PDF into a Sharepoint location. So I made the PDF with all data separately. I don't know if you mentioned something like this? 

Anyhow, appreciate your help! Thanks again! 

RandyHayes
Super User
Super User

@Rin90 

If you have some button that is doing this prior to submitting your form, then that is fine.  The concern was that you might be submitting the form and then referencing the datacard value controls in the form.  This can lead to problems as the form state may change after a submit depending on your default modes.

Not sure if that answers what you last asked, but I am assuming that is the scenario.

@RandyHayes 

I do not have the fully knowledge about this, but I expect the form state will not change as I tested exporting the PDF many times. This went well, but I absolutely keep this in mind if problems, like what you have mentioned, occur. 

RandyHayes
Super User
Super User

@Rin90 

It's more of one of those "best practices" to get used to rather than an issue.  

Rin90
Helper I
Helper I

@RandyHayes 

Now we are on this subject, maybe you could help me to refer the information into my Browsescreen? 

Do I also need to concat the formula? Like : Concat(DataCardValue268.SelectedItems; Value &"; ") ??

Rin90_0-1616064406822.png

The other objects in this screen are displayed with ThisItem, which is not possible with the combo box? 

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

secondImage

Power Apps Community Call

Please join us on Wednesday, October 20th, at 8a PDT. Come and learn from our amazing speakers!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Welcome Super Users.jpg

Super User Season 2

Congratulations, the new Super User Season 2 for 2021 has started!

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (2,590)