Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
smcb123
Helper I
Helper I

How to populate dropdown list from a variable

Hi,

When proceeding through a form, I need to have one of the fields to be change as the process continues. The field is a sharepoint choice field which is changed via a dropdown list on the form. There will need to be multiple copies of this field throughout the form and it will also need to change as the form is progressed.

Whenever I have needed to modify fields in the past, I would set the default of the field to a variable. Within the onvisible of the screen, I would set the variable to the value of the field that I was interested in.

This works with text fields and boolean fields, however with choice fields the default won't allow a value to be used.

This is an example of what I want to do, I've simplified things just for explanation.

smcb123_2-1633509494583.png

The top dropdown 'Jim or Joe?' is a sharepoint list field, whilst the bottom two are custom cards that I have entered and added dropdowns to. The two buttons are set to change a variable to 'Jim' or 'Joe'. The onchange of the dropdowns also set the variable appropriately. And they are populated by the variable. I've also setup a collection to hold both 'Jim' and 'Joe'

smcb123_3-1633509648315.png

smcb123_5-1633509686953.png

smcb123_4-1633509679160.png

These dropdowns work fine. Each populate the other and the buttons populates both.

However I can't get the sharepoint field to do the same as it doesn't like the default set to the variable.

smcb123_6-1633509870259.png

Is it possible to do this?

Thanks,

Stephen

0 REPLIES 0

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

This training provides practical hands-on experience in creating Power Apps solutions in a full-day of instructor-led App creation workshop.

PA.JPG

New Release Planning Portal (Preview)

Check out our new release planning portal, an interactive way to plan and prepare for upcoming features in Power Platform.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (3,690)