cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SK001

How to populate textbox based on multi-selected combobox

hi, 

i have a SharePoint with the Following columns : 

reference and commercial Name, each reference  is related to a unique Commercial name as follow :

Reference

Commercial Name

REF1

NC1

REF2

NC2

REF3

NC3

in my application, I created a multi-selected combo-box indicating the references.

I want to populate a text box with the text value of the commercial  names corresponding to the selected references.

i.e if I select REF1 and REF2 on my combo-box, NC1 and NC2 must be indicated in my text box 

thank you in advance for your help 

4 REPLIES 4
PowerRanger
Super User
Super User

@SK001 the formular for your textbox should be something like this:

Concat(Filter(colList,reference in ComboBox1.SelectedItems.reference),'Commercial Name' & ",")

you need to change the names but the concept should be clear.

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

​Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item.

If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.
Drrickryp
Super User
Super User

@SK001 

To "flatten" the SelectedItems in a multiselect combobox use

Concat(ComboBox.SelectedItems,'Commercial Name', ", ")  

The SelectedItems in a combobox are considered a table that includes all the columns in the selection even though a different column is shown in the window. 

thank @PowerRanger , it works but it gives me a delegation warning! 

RandyHayes
Super User
Super User

@SK001 

If your Items property of your combobox is bringing the full record (not just a single column), then you already have the data you need and don't need to go back to the datasource (and thus experience a delegation warning).

Your formula would simply be:

Concat(yourCombobox.SelectedItems, 'Commerical Name' & ",")

I hope this is helpful for you.

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up below. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution below. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.
NOTE: My normal response times will be Mon to Fri from 1 PM to 10 PM UTC (and lots of other times too!)
Check out my PowerApps Videos too! And, follow me on Twitter @RandyHayes

Really want to show your appreciation? Buy Me A Cup Of Coffee!

Helpful resources

Announcements
October Events

Mark Your Calendars

So many events that are happening this month - don't miss out!

Ignite 2022

WHAT’S NEXT AT MICROSOFT IGNITE 2022

Explore the latest innovations, learn from product experts and partners, level up your skillset, and create connections from around the world.

Power Apps Africa Challenge 2022

Power Apps Africa Challenge

Your chance to join an engaging competition of Power Platform enthusiasts.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (2,102)